Jerking me around

Thread: Jerking me around

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jerking me around

Hey new guy here.

I have a HAAS VF5/50TR310

When I run a programm only in 4th or 5th axis I get this jerking motion from all axis's.

Example.

Porting Cylinder heads

Starting in the intake port on the combustion chamber side. When finished the Z will extract and the A axis will turn to other side of the intake port. But instead of it just making a nice smooth rotation it start and stop till it gets to its final destination. At the same time Y axis will also jerk while A axis trying to move.

So it will move a then y then a then y over and over again. Its even worse when has to goto another cylinder because X axis has to move. So you get A then y then x and cycle repeats till its in location for Z

Thanks for any help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Jerking me around

That almost sounds like a post issue, if the movements are being segmented in that way. Normally everything on the line is executed at once (with the exception of M codes which happen at the end of axis movement) so the motion should happen simultaneously. What CAM software are you using?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    That almost sounds like a post issue, if the movements are being segmented in that way. Normally everything on the line is executed at once (with the exception of M codes which happen at the end of axis movement) so the motion should happen simultaneously. What CAM software are you using?

Mastercam

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like your 4th & 5th axis brakes aren't being controlled properly. M10 = 4th axis brake engage, M11 = 4th axis brake disengage, M12 = 5th axis brake engage, M13 = 5th axis brake disengage.
    The jerking could be the brakes engaging and disengaging at every rotary command.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was doing some reading on 5 axis w/ Haas the other day. I saved the thread link. Just passing along.
    https://diy.haascnc.com/5-axis-motio...tion#gsc.tab=0