Need Help! Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!

Thread: Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!

Hi Everyone. I sure hope someone can help my Son and I. Here is my issue.
    1998 VF4 Haas. AC gen2 XYZ motors (I am told).
    HRT 310 BRUSH style.

I ordered Haas kit 93-4303 OPTION, 4th AXIS BRUSH FOR MACHINES BEFORE 2000.
    AND 93-32-5550J, ***AMP, 30A BL SMART.

Please note - HFO noted Haas sells this brushless AMP to Brush 4th pre-wire kit (93-4303) which includes an inductor & board w/ plug points.
    The round DIN HRT connector has several harness leads the go to various plugs (green in image) and the 'converter' board.
    HFO Service was not sure of kit connections regarding hook-ups for MOCON? Could not locate any info...See question 1.
    What I received is connected up per the attached image and I think I am short some things??????

The Questions:
    1) Should there be cable for 640A on the new brushless amp to connect to plug 640 on the MOCON board? (RED in image).
    everything else has this from the amp plug to MOCON?
    2) The kit came with no -HV or +HV wiring for the DC Vector terminal on the AMP. Do I need that connected?
    3) For the phase A and C connections on AMP,they went on the Terminal Block approproiately. No real Q... just a connection note.

Can take pics or calls. Can provide any info to help this.
    Just a Dad and his kid trying to make CNC a real career & adventure.

Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!-vf4-98-brushlessinstallhelp-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!

Update from Haas CA and some local HFO tech help.

So.... 2 options here:
    Continue w/ the 93-4303 and brushless AMP. by purchasing the MOCON 33-0610E (E for brushless) (A for Brush Amp) .
    Buy the -HV / +HV jumpers- 33-4941/42

Or - per CA Factory:
    But the following:
    93-0221A (full 4th kit w/ Amp and all needed elements). ($2500) Ugggg...
    And the out-side mounting box/enclosure to then go brushless to brush converter #4AXCB ($1200).

Just an update and my top Option 1 in play. Picking up MoCon cable a little later I hope. (Where's the Kid now when he's 10mins from the HFO :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bought 4th Axis prewire kit & AMP. brushless to brush w/ inductor. install help!

... and just a bit more info. If you call Haas CA or even the HFO. They could not give me a breakdown of whats in the $2495 kit, but they do provide a brushless wire-up solution and then the entire external box for another 1.2K. Total cost 2500 +1200 3700 total for a 4th on older haas systems. But I found this picture and ad of the kit.
    https://www.haascnc.com/productivity...html#gsc.tab=0

Seems to be much better priced to do the 4th 93-4303 kit, w/ inductor board for $395, then buy and/or core a brushless smart Amp for $695 or the $1300.
    being so new to Haas, HFO's and such - I am just trying to learn and pass along info for those in need.

Few more items about the 93-4303 - It came with 3 different BRUSH connectors. All are the same connector but have different connectors depending on which I/O board and plug ID's you may have. It comes with the inductor board motor and inductor cables. It does NOT come with the HV amp wiring, or the MoCon (per the note above). So you'll need those separatly.

I have not confirmed this fully yet, as I am going to try and run everything later today. I do not even know how to see if the 4th is set to YES or whatever in the Haas parms. In due time.

Have a great Fall everyone.