Control panel question VF1 1997 version

Thread: Control panel question VF1 1997 version

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Control panel question VF1 1997 version

I am confused on how to display the work offset table so I can change my work offsets to get the origin on my part. I understand how to get the tool to the origin, my question is which buttons do I press to display the table. All the youtube videos I can find are newer systems which have much better displays. Buying a new mill is not an option since my boss wants to get some use out of this dinosaur.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Control panel question VF1 1997 version

Offset button displays both tool offsets and work offsets. Press that button till you see the work offsets.
    Arrow down until you have your work offset number highlighted. Find the corner of your part and hit part zero set for x and y position.

VF2, VF5, ST10, MINIMILL, MINIMILL2, VF3

Downloads
    Uploads

In the "Display" section of the control panel you press "Offset." That will bring you to the offset section. For tools 1 thru 100, work offset pages 54 thru 129. Press page up and or down to move through them all. Generally you will use G54 as your primary work offset and tool 1 thru whatever as your tool use line.

Not sure what you are saying about the OLD displays, but they are about the easiest in the world to use and understand.

I would suggest that you use X and Y under the "work offsets" but not Z. Example X-20.4567 Y-6.9877 Z0.0000. It will save you many crashes and broken tools and parts. Your Z will be set when you set the tools. Use the work offset to indicate the work "zero" of your part and touch each tool off of the top of the part or the Z zero location and that should be the top..

After that, you are on our own. I would suggest you check out the manual and read it carefully and go step by step. Once learned it is so easy, but you don have to understand it to get started.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, thanks for all the help. Unfortunately the manual was lost long ago, and so far I have only been able to get manuals online for newer machines. I did press the offset button repeatedly but did not notice the page changing, I thought it was always displaying only tool offsets, but will try again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bbutcher85710 View Post
    OK, thanks for all the help. Unfortunately the manual was lost long ago, and so far I have only been able to get manuals online for newer machines. I did press the offset button repeatedly but did not notice the page changing, I thought it was always displaying only tool offsets, but will try again.
    After you press the offset button, you need to press the "Page Up" or the "Page Down" buttons in the middle of the control.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bbutcher85710 View Post
    FYI - there are archived manuals available, but they skip a few of the early years; they have 93,95, then 2000 on up. https://diy.haascnc.com/user-guide#gsc.tab=0 For the Mill Operator's Manual section, there is a button for Current manual and one for Archived.

Downloads
    Uploads

It seems that sometimes pressing the offset button does not change screens, and a reboot will usually fix it for a while. I did get all the tool and work offsets set at least. Thanks again.
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded the archived manuals for the 95 and it was more of a maintenance manual than an operators manual.
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

The most applicable manual I found for my 96 was the 2000 manual.

Leaving the Z at 0 works if you only use one work offset. I personally can't see the benefits of that way, unless you learned that way.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 1997 HAAS VF-E if you need any tips just let me know. I set all my tool's offset to the Table, then I just measure the top of work piece, and subtract from table top, enter value as a negative. My machine is (was) set as Fanuc mode, and works great.