Need Help! HAAS Spindle Warmup

Thread: HAAS Spindle Warmup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS Spindle Warmup

A few days ago I updated the mill software of a VF-2 from 16.05 to 16.11A.

When the machine had the old software, the machine asked for the spindle warm up every 4 days o when the machine needed the warm up. Now with the new software 16.11A, everytime I turn on the machine, it asks for the spindle warm up. If I turn off the machine and one minute later I turn it on again, it asks for the spindle warm up.

Is there any way to change this?
    I would like that the machine asks for the spindle warmup just when it is necesary.

Thank you for your help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS Spindle Warmup

Quote Originally Posted by martingandara View Post
    A few days ago I updated the mill software of a VF-2 from 16.05 to 16.11A.

When the machine had the old software, the machine asked for the spindle warm up every 4 days o when the machine needed the warm up. Now with the new software 16.11A, everytime I turn on the machine, it asks for the spindle warm up. If I turn off the machine and one minute later I turn it on again, it asks for the spindle warm up.

Is there any way to change this?
    I would like that the machine asks for the spindle warmup just when it is necesary.

Thank you for your help.
    You can cut the warmup program some to make it shorter, only if you are not running at max RPM all the time, if you are say only running in the 4000 RPM max then only warm it up to that speed

Every time you start your machine up, you should be running the spindle warmup program, you where not doing it correct before, you should not of been waiting for the machine to tell you to do this

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I know you have to run the warm up program if you are running the machine at high RPM or if you didnt work for 3 or more days.
    But this time, the machine ask for the spindle warm up every time I turn on the machine. Even if I turn it off for 1 minute and then on, the machine asks for the spindle warmup. With the older software it wasnt like that.

Can I change this to how it is supposed to be?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by martingandara View Post
    I know you have to run the warm up program if you are running the machine at high RPM or if you didnt work for 3 or more days.
    But this time, the machine ask for the spindle warm up every time I turn on the machine. Even if I turn it off for 1 minute and then on, the machine asks for the spindle warmup. With the older software it wasnt like that.

Can I change this to how it is supposed to be?
    I'm sure there will be a Parameter to turn it off, you may have a glitch in the software, did a service tech do this or did you do it your self

You should be running the warm up Program every day, just, and you should not be turning the machine on and off

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look to see what parameter 259 COLD SPINDLE DAYS is set at.