Vf2ss Alarm 844

Thread: Vf2ss Alarm 844

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vf2ss Alarm 844

So, I have recently gotten this machine going after an extended shutdown. This is a 2012 vf2ss. We had the Haas service guy down to make sure things were all good to go, and I haven't had any issues until yesterday when the 844 alarm popped up.
    I called the HFO, and after telling them, that yes, there is grease in the canister (the red flavor), I've been told to just run it to see if the issue comes back. Now, if we actually ran this thing much, that would make sense, but mostly it just sits here. It might take a month or more to reach the greasing threshold. I know I can change the parameters to make it fire more frequently, and I likely will just based on the stories of the red grease hardening since we don't run it much.

I can trigger the grease cycle in Dgnos, and I can see grease seep out of the z axis ball nut a bit. So I know it's seeing grease and at least some pressure. There's grease on all the vertical ways as well. I can't see any pump out of them, but I sort of wouldn't expect to. What I don't see anywhere is a pressure sensor on the manifolds at the top of the main casting to check the vertical axis pressure. I can only find the one main pressure sensor down on the main manifold at the base of the main casting.

With the machine sitting there just on, but not doing anything, on the discreet input page of Dgnos, I have Ax grease pressure sitting at 1. When I trigger the grease cycle I hear the air charge the grease system, and the Ax grease pressure changes to 0. After a few seconds, the system dumps the air, and the Ax grease pressure still stays at 0 for a minutes or so, and then goes to 1. I assume that is the main pressure sensor at the bottom of the main casting.

So, I don't think I have a leak, as if I had a leak, it should throw a system wide grease fault rather than something calling out the vertical axis. I suppose I could have a clogged line running to wherever the sensor is for the vertical axis, but I do know I'm getting grease up there at least to the ball screw. When I asked about where the sensor was for the vertical axis, I got that "they're buried in there". Not real helpful for troubleshooting...

I assume I'm going to have to drop the Z axis way cover to get to anything back there since I sure as heck can't imagine doing anything through the top of the main casting other than looking at things with an inspection camera.

So, anyone have an idea where the pressure sensor is for the vertical axis, or other thoughts on what might throw that alarm? I suppose it could have been an air bubble in the grease system...