Checking DC buss voltage, Mitsubishi freqrol A200 spindle drive

Thread: Checking DC buss voltage, Mitsubishi freqrol A200 spindle drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Checking DC buss voltage, Mitsubishi freqrol A200 spindle drive

Came up with a 123 spindle drive failure this morning.

I need to check the DC buss voltage. The drive code is under voltage, but the control pad for the drive is not there so can't see the voltage readout. Manual says to check page two of diagnostics, but neither of my machines show the DC Buss voltage on that page with analog data, go figure. Please show me the best other place to check it please. Never actually done it before.

A picture would be great!

Thanks----Mike

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Machineit; 05-05-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Checking DC buss voltage, Mitsubishi freqrol A200 spindle drive

Got a hold of the guy I had repaired my other drive a couple of years ago and he has a drive on the shelf. Told me to check the voltage at terminal "N" and "P or P1" on the drive unit. So, I got back from lunch and fired it up to check the voltage and it came up without an error. Damn. 15-20 times I tried this morning and now it just comes right on. Just going to bite the bullet and buy his unit to have on hand. Too much work to be down and his price is very good.

Thanks and hope this might help someone else.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Got a hold of the guy I had repaired my other drive a couple of years ago and he has a drive on the shelf. Told me to check the voltage at terminal "N" and "P or P1" on the drive unit. So, I got back from lunch and fired it up to check the voltage and it came up without an error. Damn. 15-20 times I tried this morning and now it just comes right on. Just going to bite the bullet and buy his unit to have on hand. Too much work to be down and his price is very good.

Thanks and hope this might help someone else.

Mike
    Because you very well know it will come back! Glad you got a line on a replacement.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Because you very well know it will come back! Glad you got a line on a replacement.
    You know it will return! And, it will return at the worst possible time.

Stoyan, at Zaritron LLC, is great and they do great work and have very reasonable prices. Also, they are udrivesource on ebay. For about the value of one days machine time, under $800.00, I have a spare on the shelf. That means a repair would be even less expensive. He is setting this one up for my machine, Lincoln motor and 7500 rpm max. If you send him you unit to repair, they pull all of the parameters and when you get it back it is a drop in and start machining.

Take care all and keep them old machines running.

Mike