Haas 4-th axis

Thread: Haas 4-th axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas 4-th axis

Hi guys.
    I've got Haas VF2 milling machine from 1996 (DC Motors). I would like to add to it: HRT 160 rotary table (also DC Motors). Do I need some special driver to it, or can I use same driver as other axis (X,Y,Z) ?

Any help would be appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas 4-th axis

if it's a DC Machine and you're hooking up a DC rotatry all you need is the 4th axis electrical kit. Which will be the cables and an amp that's the same as your x,y,z. Although those amplifiers have a certain amp rating to them so let's say your z axis amp is rated for 45 and your rotatry amp requirements are only 30 do not use the 45 in its place because if anything does fail electronically you want the right size amp or you will have more damage than you needed. Also you will also have to pay for the option code to turn it on in the parameters since it requires a code to enable that option.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HFO TECH is correct in that you will want to source the correct size amp to drive the A-Axis. For the age of your machine, I am almost certain that you will not need a code for 4th axis. They just did not require a code for that option back then, all you should need to do is enable the A-Axis after you have the hardware installed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for answer.
    I've got already electrical kit for the 4th axis. I have also free driver: PN 32-4070DRIVER REY F18-Nov-92
    Will it work with the axis, without any problems ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

32-4070 gets updated to a 93-1075A, which is the correct one. That will work, but if you ever have to order any more you will need to order the 93-1075A.