Problem Programs stalling part way through completion

Thread: Programs stalling part way through completion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Programs stalling part way through completion

We have a situation where various individuals are running programs on one of our VM2 HAAS machines and the machine stops part way through machining. Most of the time the machine is re-booted and the program re-run successfully.

This is not always the case however and recently we had an issue where a program stopped part way through completion and the users was unable to get the machine to complete the tool-path. They ended up regenerating the CAM using slightly different parameters and managed to successfully finish the part. There was nothing obviously wrong with the code and the offending line was innocuous.

We have a few VM2's on-site and Engineers report the same issue happening to them, but often at exceedingly infrequent intervals and with the machines functioning normally otherwise. Users are generally using Powermill and infrequently Visualmill. the machines are not networked and programs are loaded exclusively by USB. The majority of work is semi repetitive prototype tooling utilizing similar machining strategies and tool libraries.

We are a little stumped as to where to look. When the offending programs are examined there is often very little different to a previous program.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Programs stalling part way through completion

I have never had that with there old controls but I did have it do it a LOT on there nex-gen POS ... it was the same programs I had been using for 2 years on there old control , sometimes it would run for a day or two then lock up ,, other times it would lock up twice in a row ,,, man I don`t miss that control

If you have the nex-gen I would be looking more at the control than the code ,,, the code "SHOULD" run the same every time you push the green button

Downloads
    Uploads

Something else to look for, although you probably have... Look for a missing decimal on the feed rate call out. F6. and F6 are different. F6 will give the appearance of a stall because it is feeding at something like 0.006 or 0.0006 per minute. Depending on how your CAM system works, it may not automatically input the decimal. It should, but I have had SOOOOOO many problems with my Partmaker posts, that I wouldn't put it past it. Any of this may, or may not have anything to do with your problem. I'm just pointing toward something that, while obvious, often gets overlooked. Good luck to you! And here's hoping you do not have one of the pesky nex-gen controls!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If it is the next gen control check and see what software version you got. The last few versions have resolved A LOT of the buggy features. The update would take 45ish mins. If it isn't the next gen it could still be a software/parameter/setting value. What software version do you have in the machine? 18.xx? Either way if you get a solid tech you should get your problem resolved. Seems by a lot of these posted that some of the other countries techs are lacking a little.

Downloads
    Uploads

SixPackBack

Do you still have the program, that failed, if you have post it here for others to try or look at

Mactec54