Preferred Controllers 1990 to 07 - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Preferred Controllers 1990 to 07

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Preferred Controllers 1990 to 07

How do you know the tormach is holding tolerance?

I'd suggest finding a shop that will let you see their machine in action, you will probably get a different impression on what to do.

My impression is that you may not realize the real difference between a hobby machine vs a production machine until you see one in action, even an old haas.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Preferred Controllers 1990 to 07

Quote Originally Posted by erikfriesen View Post
    How do you know the tormach is holding tolerance?

I'd suggest finding a shop that will let you see their machine in action, you will probably get a different impression on what to do.

My impression is that you may not realize the real difference between a hobby machine vs a production machine until you see one in action, even an old haas.
    I hope so, I am trying to see some machines in action, I haven't found much in the way of old Haas mills doing adaptive tool paths on YouTube, I want to go see some I person, I just haven't found any local shops with them. I'm hoping an old Haas will do it, the older the better IMO. I was just talking to a guy with an 03 Fadal and he's cutting around 300 IPM, he says that as long as you work with the CAM and keep the tolerance and rads a little loose you can run fast and then slow down and clean it up. That's one of the newer, old Fadal machines, it's got the 32mb controller which is quite a bit better than the previous years in handling programs. I'm hoping that a like year Haas it's a little better than the similar Fadal, controller wise. But like you said, I really need to see some in action I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234