Haas vf 0 tool not clampe draw bar problem -VIDEO-

Thread: Haas vf 0 tool not clampe draw bar problem -VIDEO-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas vf 0 tool not clampe draw bar problem -VIDEO-

I'm new to this forum and in need of assistance. I have tried searching this problem and am not sure I am finding the exact same symptoms we are having.

I am getting Tool Clamp Fault on a 1995 VF-0. When you watch movie you pay attention that draw bar is comeing back very slowly,so it triggers tool not clampe fault. Any idea to resolve this problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41hLhtR5xcY&feature=youtu.be

I guess I want to see if it is something I can fix ourselves before we have to call HAAS in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Jan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas vf 0 tool not clampe draw bar problem -VIDEO-

The air is not getting out fast enough. Follow the air lines back to the solenoids and first clean the exhaust mufflers/filters. In fact just remove them and try a tool change. They are the little sintered bronze looking things. They should be on the back panel, the solenoids that is. Good news is that you have the cover off already.

Here is an example of one of the mufflers: https://www.mcmaster.com/#air-mufflers/=160y703

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is typically a problem with the Quick exhaust Valve (Shuttle Valve) on the TRP you can try and free it up with some WD 40, this is typically caused by poor air quality as the Quick exhaust valve that HAAS uses is very low quality (its the little silver boot looking valve)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    The air is not getting out fast enough. Follow the air lines back to the solenoids and first clean the exhaust mufflers/filters. In fact just remove them and try a tool change. They are the little sintered bronze looking things. They should be on the back panel, the solenoids that is. Good news is that you have the cover off already.

Here is an example of one of the mufflers: https://www.mcmaster.com/#air-mufflers/=160y703
    This first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlarson View Post
    This is typically a problem with the Quick exhaust Valve (Shuttle Valve) on the TRP you can try and free it up with some WD 40, this is typically caused by poor air quality as the Quick exhaust valve that HAAS uses is very low quality (its the little silver boot looking valve)
    Then this next.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    This first.

Then this next.
    I agree with this. You have an air restriction, trying to clean the mufflers is pretty much free. and replacing the shuttle valve is cheap but takes a little bit of time. If you replace the shuttle valve i would replace the mufflers just so you know they wont clog any time soon. sometimes they are hard to clean