Need Help! Vf2ss smtc issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vf2ss smtc issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vf2ss smtc issues

Ok Guys, I'm reaching out to the world because we have exhausted all local help ( Haas included). It appears that my 2009 vf2 had the parameters removed then reloaded , I believe the double arm needs tuning via parameters. Haas came out and the tech swapped the amp ( problem still there) he then found wire damage on proxy switches we swapped them too. problem still there. what we get is b axis error too large 187. Cam box seems ok I can turn it by hand with no resistance. When I put the machine on 5% rapid it will not complete the tool change. we slowed the tool change down via parameter 468. that did nothing. I have the parameters backed up if anyone out there can help. Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vf2ss smtc issues

Ok..wont do a tool change because it alarms out with a b axis error too large 187? Not sure what one has to do with the other.
    Where does the arm stop at?
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Gary, When I put the rapid down to 5% and do a tool change the arm comes out to the spindle and I get a 628 arm position error. Actual position looking at Vsmtc -68.298. 0 being origin. I also noticed the proxy switches for Stop and Origin are activating at +/- 4.0 position. Thanks Again

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the service manual. I could not find the page, but I have had to "time" the arm to stop in the correct position before. But it has been a while.
    If you cant find it a call to oxnard service and they can direct you how to do it.
    Gary

https://diy.haascnc.com/customer-ser...s-manuals/2001

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by levyad47 View Post
    Ok Guys, I'm reaching out to the world because we have exhausted all local help ( Haas included). It appears that my 2009 vf2 had the parameters removed then reloaded , I believe the double arm needs tuning via parameters. Haas came out and the tech swapped the amp ( problem still there) he then found wire damage on proxy switches we swapped them too. problem still there. what we get is b axis error too large 187. Cam box seems ok I can turn it by hand with no resistance. When I put the machine on 5% rapid it will not complete the tool change. we slowed the tool change down via parameter 468. that did nothing. I have the parameters backed up if anyone out there can help. Thanks in advance
    How do you know the parameters were removed then reloaded? Which proxy switches were replaced?
    If you had a technician out for the problem, why did he not finish the job? Are you saying that your local Haas dealer cannot troubleshoot and fix the tool changer; I find this hard to believe?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was the first person to power up this machine. All the options that came with the machine were off. That is why I assume parameters were reset/reloaded. Even the 9000 for the wips were removed. In other post there is descussion about the the brittle insulation on the proxy switches ( the three in the cam box) Clamp, stop , origin were swapped. The tech who came out is part of my network of which I do not want to throw under the bus. But they left my machine in pieces and after I performed many test programs i shared my data with them . I been jumping up and down saying " parameters" . But really they want to swap the motor on the cam box and I protested as thats a pricey part. They claim I have been difficult to get ahold of as well. I really want to change parameters but I need to know what the do. What should 306-309 be at? how do I know the proxy switches are set correctly? Even the rookie machinist are nervous about the techs messing with the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like the "tech" you have in your "network" not only needs to get thrown under the bus, but then pulled out, patched up, then thrown under a train to finish him off.

My opinion is it's time to call your local HFO or a good independent and get this fixed right. You are messing with things that can do pretty severe damage if not set right.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heres a status update. When I left a voice message explaining my concern about the direction of the repair I stated " I have a budget to stick to". They took it as I have no money and left my machine in pieces ( still running ). I called again this time to the boss of the office, left message. Service writer called back and said they will return to replace the motor on the cam box if it does not fix the problem I dont pay. I am still confident its a parameter issue but what do I know..Did more testing , this time I changed air pressure to see if things improved. No. Still running. Made a delrin sleeve to protect the renishaw probe should it be at risk of dropping during arm recovery. Been waiting for this new motor since 12/27 . keep in mind this motor is not a part anyone can get. Someone has to call Haas to get it. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully they get the issue sorted out quickly for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

update. No servo and no word from Haas. Its been 2 weeks. alarms are still happening.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They must be watching what we post or someone had burning ears. They called today and want to finish the job.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

would a dead backup battery cause these issues?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check the IO this might sound stupid... but i have ran into this issue in the past. if the IO has been replaced it is something that gets missed. I dont remember the "P"(Maybe P67???) number but on the top right there should be a 4 pin jumper. I have found that if that is missing it can cause problems with the tool change.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i wish we had a picture of the jumper on the IO. I see where there could be a few. Haas changed the servo on the cam box. And on fixy . Now they plan to change the harness.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check P57 on the IO if there is no jumper that could be your problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by levyad47 View Post
    i wish we had a picture of the jumper on the IO. I see where there could be a few. Haas changed the servo on the cam box. And on fixy . Now they plan to change the harness.
    HMM that sounds doubtful to me. The cables do not move so its very unlikely that you would have a bad cable. Was there brass shavings in the cam box? also did the check the servo motor's resistance with a Megometer? no coolant gets up there so thats a little odd sounds like they are just throwing parts at it. Hope for the best of luck!

P57 Haas P/N 33-0815B TC Jumper or SMTC brake resistor (Check this, there should be a jumper or a resistor) If the IO was replaced with new it wont have the jumper on the new IO and its something that would have to be switched over. Very common that people miss

Last edited by Tlarson; 01-26-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: New info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vf2ss smtc issues-p57-jpg
    i think thats correct

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That looks correct

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think haas is giving up. Still having problems . Everything has been replaced. only possibility is the cam box at this point. And of coarse no one wants to adjust parameters. I think we are going to have to live with the issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So This weekend we got a b axis cable fault 195. wrong cable. Haas changed out all wiring for the servo on the cam box. Still having issues. I powered down and did a re start with no alarm. wtf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast