Need Help! Vf2ss smtc issues - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vf2ss smtc issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vf2ss smtc issues

I'd see if you can get someone elses config file for comparison. It is all text, so you should be able to.

I fought adding rigid tapping for a while, until I set the encoder count per rev correctly. It would work about 7 out of 8 times.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Configure file? Is this on a NGC machine? Only NGC require configuration files. Just saying. If Haas replaced the motor,amp,cable, prox switches and none of these fixed the issue. The issue could very well be in your cam box. Was the I/O ever changed? What software is in this machine? Also Depending on the year this machine was built the Haas service techs can now download the original parameters for this machine from Haas. Also if you contact the factory they should be able to email you the original parameter files to this machine. Also it sounds like if they were wanting to change Gear box the customer was fighting them since he was afraid to pay such a high price on a part. All this down time and aggravation probably has come to the cost of what a new cambox would be.. just throwing that out there as well. Either way ask the factory for the original parameter file. They should email it to you, but if you don't know what you're doing you will end up shutting off the options when reloading parameters. So you will have ask for all the option codes to turn on all your added features as well. Hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

frustrated is an understatement. No they did not swap the I/O board. They claim the parameters are up to date. Now they say the gear oil in the cam box is old and is most likely the cause. They also want to look for metalic debris in the oil. Now this is were all the alarms in my head start going off. Am I the only guy who knows about Blackstone labs? Heres the scoop. You send a sample of your oil and they tell you whats in it. Im not in to guess work. So I bought some gear oil per haas web page and they wont swap it because its the alternitive not the first choice. Then the tech goes and talks to a friend of ours and states " we arent gonna get it fixed" . of course the tech doesnt know who we know but geez what happened to Haas? I used to rely on these machines and now im looking at other machines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm even starting to get confused, so just a recap when you command a tool change the z-axis moves up/down to tool change position, the carousel rotates to the commanded tool you entered. The pocket lowers and then the double arm rotates to grab the tools, then the arm lowers and then rotates to swap the tools. The arm raises back up to put the tools in the pocket/spindle. The spindle clamps the tool and then the arm rotates back to its home position. In what sequence is the machine alarming out? Does the z-axis have the drawbar velocity offset? What I mean by that does the z-axis raise and lower just a little bit during the clamping of the tool during the tool change sequence. Does it alarm out at 5%,25%,50%,100%? Does it make any unusual noise when the cam box is rotating the double arm? Also has anyone monitored the inputs of the cam box switches during tool change operation? Meaning does the motor stop,clamp/unclamp,motor origin switches being triggered when the cam box is rotating the double arm?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it has the z velocity draw bar move. at one point 5% rapid would cause an alarm every time. The haas tech changed 2 grid parameters and now we can do the tool change at 5%. We get no noises everything sounds great. The alarm occurs randomly . sometimes we run all day with no alarm. Sometimes we get the alarm every 50 tool changes. in the tool change sequence at the very end the arm returns to its home position and the pocket retracts up is when we get the 187 b axis error too large. we then go into recovery and the arm position will be at 355. about a little more or a little less. We press one of the atc buttons until we get the arm at origin. Then we get back to work. We have gotten some really random alarms along the way on 3/05/2017 during power up 10am 195 B cable fault. I powered down and restarted and haven't seen it since. Then twice during setups just hitting the tool release button trigger the b axis error alarm. So the cam box was not even in motion when we got the alarm. I have dealt with corrupt firmware in the past and this is what happens however they insist that the oil in the cam box is the issue . btw I ordered the oil test kit and when it gets here ill be sending the gear oil out for analysis. results will be posted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very unusual that you would get the alarm on just tool release. What software,mocon version do you have in this machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

when I power up the machine i get
    ver M16.04D
    May 15 2009 18:51:14
    Model: VF2SS
    mocon 13.04
    mocon2 12.07

this is a Tony Stewart machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by levyad47 View Post
    when I power up the machine i get
    ver M16.04D
    May 15 2009 18:51:14
    Model: VF2SS
    mocon 13.04
    mocon2 12.07

this is a Tony Stewart machine.
    Well, it's retired then!

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a newer software version than the one you have, not saying that will be you fix. Although there might be some software issues or parameter issues causing your problem as well. Especially since you said they changed the amp,cable,motor,reloaded software/parameter, switches on the gear box.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

made a call to oxnard . they said i can change parameter 308 for 1500 to 1800 to see if that fixes the issue. the newer software didnt have any signifigent changes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

made the change to parameter 308. no change.. got the the oil sample kit from blackstone.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well we hit rock bottom this easter weekend. Called a local repair guy out and he started changing parameters. And then the worst happened. The arm was out and the head came down. after recovery I took the arm off and put all parameters back to factory numbers. Then I ran a tool change program with arm removed. And yes I got the alarm 187 b axis error. I then straightened the bent arm and reinstalled it. Machine is back up and running after about 24 hrs. of labor. This machine will be our demise. Vf2ss smtc issues-crash-arm-jpgVf2ss smtc issues-crash-arm-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What was your results of the oil test? Have they came back yet? Was it a Certified Haas Tech that came out and changed a bunch of parameters? You said you were getting the 187 alarm again without the double arm attached. That is making me believe something funky is going on with that cam box. Which I think we were all leaning toward from the original postings.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oil results are in. And the oil is clean no metal and with good viscosity . Call haas oxnard they dont have much to say. im guessing something is up with the cam box and i will plan to swap one out. How do I make TT axis visable so
    i can move it around with the pluse generator. I want to see if theres a point where the end play changes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a parameter under Tt parameters that's marked invis axis. Change that to a 0 and tt shoukd become visible

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

things get worse still. Now the shaft to the cam box is coming out. Arm wont line up with spindle. cam box end play is more than a 1/4". Called oxnard for a new cam box. No one will call me back, the only way to get a cam box is to call. web page does not have it listed. Called local outlet. They get it ordered and ups has sitting in their ware house because they dont have a suite number and no phone number. machine has been down over a week now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

got the new cambox installed and same alarm continued. I was sure to request the tech to run a tool change program before the arm was attached . Sure enough the alarm happened just like before b axis error 187. but this time we had a different tech who decided to swap a mocon board and. viola no alarm. Monday will be the third day of work on the machine. finally got an estimate from Haas. they want 11k for the trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12