Major Issues with 2x Brand NEW vf4ss's - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Major Issues with 2x Brand NEW vf4ss's

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Major Issues with 2x Brand NEW vf4ss's

Quote Originally Posted by mtlhe View Post
    i spoke to two different companies recently who have new vf2ss's and they claim they are very happy with them. No issues so far. Haas claims to have the bugs out of the new control.
    Has Haas improved on bugs in the new control? Yes, current software has less bugs than earlier versions. Do they have all the bugs out? HELL NO! Are there software problems that are on the "known issues" list that the software/applications dept. has that are omitted from the "known issues" list given to a customer before a software upgrade? You betcha! I was given a known issues list before I was updated to 1041 and it looked like they fixed all kinds of stuff. The "time remaining" counter works now, that's all I found that was different. I asked my contact in applications at the factory about these omissions and was told they don't put it on the published list if not that many people have complained about it, or if its a "display issue". There are things not on the published known issues list, but if you ask applications about it, they will tell you a bug number and anticipated software release for correction of said bug.

Depending on what software these VF2-SS machines are running, they may experience fewer problems. I have found that some of the older software updates worked better for me than newer ones. Also, one of the major problems that still exists concerns transmission gear selection, a problem that a VF-SS user would not have.

I will give them credit, yes, they are working on the problems. BUT, Haas got in way too big of a hurry to get this software package out there and should have fixed a lot of it before releasing it upon the world.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Major Issues with 2x Brand NEW vf4ss's

@ DruMor ,

That I agree they should've tested and prototyped it before releasing it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123