Need Help! My Machine lost initialization !

Thread: My Machine lost initialization !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My Machine lost initialization !

Hey guys, I replaced the battery on the board in my machine but lost the
    parameters doing so. I called Haas and they told me I lost initialization
    and wouldn't give me any phone support due to liability issues !
    I have the flash drive from the original install but can't get it to read
    into the control. Has anyone ever done this without a Haas service call ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance ! Matt

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My Machine lost initialization !

Thats crap, no phone support because of liability. Id call the main offices or something. I have always had excellent phone support from Nymat.

I have reinitialized a few of mine. Not enough times to know how from memory but i have some info on my computer at work on how to reinitialize and such. I will try to remember and look it up on Monday. Due a quick Google search, im sure theres some info about how to do it on the net.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just had to reinitialize one of mine again and remembered your post. Here is some of the info i have gathered from the net and other sources. Take this at your own risk, ive used it a few times but i make no claims of everything working perfectly for you.
    Then you hit the alarm button one time.
    Then type DEBUG and hit enter.
    At this time you will see a few letter "NNNN"s across the bottom of the screen. This will tell you that you are in the DEBUG mode.

Then type whatever your machine is ex: VF2 and then hit enter.
    Your machine will do a few weird things and may even power off and back on. This is normal. You possibly will get a bunch of alarms also. Again this is normal.
    Now you will need to load in your parameters.

Good luck.

Last edited by GITRDUN; 01-15-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GITRDUN View Post
    I just had to reinitialize one of mine again and remembered your post. Here is the info i have gathered from the net and other sources. Take this at your own risk, ive used it a few times but i make no claims of everything working perfectly for you.
    Then you hit the alarm button one time.
    Then type DEBUG and hit enter.
    At this time you will see a few letter "NNNN"s across the bottom of the screen. This will tell you that you are in the DEBUG mode.

Then type whatever your machine is ex: VF2 and then hit enter.
    Your machine will do a few weird things and may even power off and back on. This is normal. You possibly will get a bunch of alarms also. Again this is normal.
    Now you will need to load in your parameters.
    Go to your Alarms display
    Type the word DEBUG
    Push <WRITE/ENTER>
    At this point you should see several NNN and number at the lower left corner of the screen.
    You are now in the debug mode.
    Go to your Position display
    Page up until you see RAW DATA in the upper left corner of the screen
    (the following code contains the numbers zeros, not the letter O)
    Type the following CL 13000708 0 then push <WRITE/ENTER>
    Go to setting 26 to see if the serial number has cleared.
    If it has and should be at this point
    Go to your Alarms display
    Type the word DEBUG
    Push <ENTER/WRITE>
    Change to any other mode
    The NNN and such in the lower left corner of the screen should all be gone
    Enter your correct serial number in to setting 26
    Then enter the code given to you to clear the 144 alarm.
    Check and enter all option codes for purchased options with E Stop pushed in.
    i.e. floppy enable, rotation and scaling, high speed machining, rigid tapping, etc.
    Go to Setting 7
    Turn Parameter 7 Parameter Lock to ON
    Release and reset your Emergency Stop and you are good to go.

Good luck.
    Nice write up!

Note to anyone who does this procedure: Initializing your machine only puts in a generic set of parameters for the model you selected. There are still machine specific parameters that must still be set in order to safely run your machine such as tool change height and spindle orientation to name a couple. Before going down this road, be sure you have everything backed up and you have all of your machine unlock codes ready and available. There is no UNDO feature.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also i have had issues a time or two in the past with not being able to enter my options codes to unlock rigid tapping, macros, etc. after reinitializing. You can call Haas and they can help get all that sorted out if that happens to you. There is a bit more that can be done but alot of the info is "proprietary" so a call to the Haas service tech's can get you out of a jam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a couple more notes about the initialization process (please note, all of this can vary depending on control vintage)

1. Initializing the machine will likely wipe out any "trial" options you have available. (the ones marked with a "T" in the parameters screen). You won't be able to get the trials back.
    2. Upon the machine booting up after initialization, you may need to enter a setup code which requires calling the factory in Cali. (this is the code that service technicians enter to comply with warranty records when a new CNC is installed).
    Sometimes [depending on software version I'm told] you can enter the machine's bill-time unlock code, if you have the code on record. The HFO can give it to you, if the machine is fully paid. If not then I assume you would need the setup code from the factory, at which point the bill time clock will start counting as normal, until the unlock code is available.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guys-

I have a 1996 Heian cnc woodworking router w/ Fanuc 18M control. I understand that there are hundreds of parameters programmed into the machine and all can be lost if the battery somehow fails during power-off. What can I do to help prevent such an occurrence or otherwise make such an occurrence less harmful should it actually occur? Yes, I can replace the battery, sure. But can I not take photos of each and every parameters screen? How can I document "parameters" for re-entry if my machine memory gets wiped out??? My machine is running now, but I fear that I will lose parameters and not be able to have the data or install it correctly. What should I do?? Heian ZR-431 cnc router. Alabama.

-engatty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by engatty View Post
    Guys-

I have a 1996 Heian cnc woodworking router w/ Fanuc 18M control. I understand that there are hundreds of parameters programmed into the machine and all can be lost if the battery somehow fails during power-off. What can I do to help prevent such an occurrence or otherwise make such an occurrence less harmful should it actually occur? Yes, I can replace the battery, sure. But can I not take photos of each and every parameters screen? How can I document "parameters" for re-entry if my machine memory gets wiped out??? My machine is running now, but I fear that I will lose parameters and not be able to have the data or install it correctly. What should I do?? Heian ZR-431 cnc router. Alabama.

-engatty
    You posted in the Haas CNC forum, you may have better luck posting in one of the woodworking forums.
    At a minimum, I would at least take pictures of all parameters.
    Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    Nice write up!

Note to anyone who does this procedure: Initializing your machine only puts in a generic set of parameters for the model you selected. There are still machine specific parameters that must still be set in order to safely run your machine such as tool change height and spindle orientation to name a couple. Before going down this road, be sure you have everything backed up and you have all of your machine unlock codes ready and available. There is no UNDO feature.
    r

Can anybody shed a bit of light on this for me:

When you are in debug mode and clear out the variable - which screen needs to be highlighted? I can't get my machine to set the SN to 0 so I can reset it.

Unfortunately, I'm dead in the water. I have had excellent support but one frustration is that there is not a checklist for this sort of thing such as:

If you loose the backup battery.

1. Initialize machine - load model.
    2. Check Serial Number - make sure it is correct.
    3. Enter unlock code in setting 26
    4. Enter codes to enable options.
    5. Set RTC

In my case it was: Battery died->Corrupted Probing Programs->fixed corrupted probing programs->install new battery->initialize machine->fixed error 203->went to enable options->STUCK! - SN of machine is incorrect.

The biggest frustration is the HFO didn't know about the new battery system and could have saved all of these headaches and 8 hours of my time. Also, I had a tech here 2 years ago doing a PM - they didn't replace the battery. Keep in mind my machine runs 200 hours or less per year for prototyping so its not like I have a ton of use on it dictating a PM every 12 months or so.

Tim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same issue happen to me. The problem I have is the CL 13000708 0 command isn't working. I have Mocon 12.07 and Software V16 Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by jonathanrayce; 06-26-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Solved for VF2 here.

We got the same issue after change the depleted battery. We went through DEBUG -> Machine type -> Restore the system BUT We lost the SN, therefore the availability to unlock machine options such 4th axis and tap control.

We tried to restore the SN with haastec aforementioned method without luck, because the battery held SN information in the BBU-RAM ( see page 30 in https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defaul...df?0=%253F2123.)

Called the local HFO, which did this procedure:

1.- Power on + PRGRM CONVRS button [access to basic OS]
    2.- Typed M 6000000 60FFFFF [Clear the BBU-RAM, see manual posted above]
    3.- Restarted the machine [Start blinking and power off countdown same way after battery depletion]
    4.- Typed DEBUG -> (machine model*). Machine restart on Its own. [*Important: Make sure to input the correct machine type, won't be the same to input VF2 or VF2D]
    5.- PARAMS -> P7 (off) [unlock the parameter modification] -> P26 (type serial code) -> P7 (on)
    6.- Loaded the original files of settings and parameters via USB. [The machine came with default configuration in usb stick]

To Unlock options (4th axis, 5th axis, fast machining...) you must have / ask to HFO the codes corresponding to machine SN.

It's a good idea to save the parameters and settings in several duplicates.

Hope It helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Sir
    as we read in your posts, Somehow we have had the same problem. I have a lathe machine " Churchill Series 3, build the year of 1995
    Funoc OT Control. we have the punched type, and we can jog the axis but
    We lost the Diag Parameters " Para 300 and more " .

Could you please help me to find a solution for this problem?

Kind Regards
    Russell

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Mr Russel
    We have a Churchill 3 series build 1995 with fanuc OT.

We want o use its live tooling. Can you guide us what standard live tools can be used onto this machine as i cannot figure it out and also what set of commands to be used for live tools.

If you can guide me it can be of great help.

Regards

vishal jain

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I hate to bring back an old thread, but I believe this very closely represents my situation

I recently purchased a 2009 Haas TM1 with Mocon v15.01

I replaced the battery and I’ve gone through the “debug” so now my machine knows it is a TM1. There is no tool changer so not much risk of crashing by using generic parameters from what I can tell

My problem is this, I cannot get the “stop sign” to go away and It always displays “cycle sfty” in the bottom of the display. I cannot get these to clear, nor did I find a place in the manual that shows this.

From what I understand, after telling it that it is a TM1, it will enter very generic parameters. Since I do not have a tool changer, or a USB backup, do I need to enter more parameters before being able to use the machine/clear these errors?

Thanks
    Samir

Quote Originally Posted by tineo View Post
    Solved for VF2 here.

We got the same issue after change the depleted battery. We went through DEBUG -> Machine type -> Restore the system BUT We lost the SN, therefore the availability to unlock machine options such 4th axis and tap control.

We tried to restore the SN with haastec aforementioned method without luck, because the battery held SN information in the BBU-RAM ( see page 30 in https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defaul...df?0=%253F2123.)

Called the local HFO, which did this procedure:

1.- Power on + PRGRM CONVRS button [access to basic OS]
    2.- Typed M 6000000 60FFFFF [Clear the BBU-RAM, see manual posted above]
    3.- Restarted the machine [Start blinking and power off countdown same way after battery depletion]
    4.- Typed DEBUG -> (machine model*). Machine restart on Its own. [*Important: Make sure to input the correct machine type, won't be the same to input VF2 or VF2D]
    5.- PARAMS -> P7 (off) [unlock the parameter modification] -> P26 (type serial code) -> P7 (on)
    6.- Loaded the original files of settings and parameters via USB. [The machine came with default configuration in usb stick]

To Unlock options (4th axis, 5th axis, fast machining...) you must have / ask to HFO the codes corresponding to machine SN.

It's a good idea to save the parameters and settings in several duplicates.

Hope It helps.