Need Help! Can't enable TSC parameter

Thread: Can't enable TSC parameter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can't enable TSC parameter

I'm running into some trouble trying to activate the "TSC enable" parameter on one of my machines. The bit was disabled accidentially, but it won't activate when I try to re-enable it. I have the setting for parameter lock disabled and the e-stop is active....when I punch in "1" then hit enter, the typed-in number disappears but the parameter remains at zero.

I called the HFO briefly but was away from the machine at the time. The phone tech said TSC doesn't require an activation code, so I'm wondering if there's some other hardware parameter that needs to be altered in order to recognise the option. The control alarms out when I try to execute an M88 command, and the "aux coolant" button of course doesn't do anything.

I went over to a different machine that doesn't have TSC hardware, and it does indeed let me toggle the parameter either direction. hmmm why does the other machine not want to cooperate...

Has anyone ran into this before?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Ydna; 08-31-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: clarification

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can't enable TSC parameter

It took a little bit of phone tag, but I got it fixed. Apparently the control on this particular machine does indeed require an unlock code for the TSC parameter. The HFO wasn't aware of it, so I had to talk to Haas HQ, but they were able to give me the code. My 2010 and 2014 machines don't need the code, but this particular 2012 machine does need it...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    It took a little bit of phone tag, but I got it fixed. Apparently the control on this particular machine does indeed require an unlock code for the TSC parameter. The HFO wasn't aware of it, so I had to talk to Haas HQ, but they were able to give me the code. My 2010 and 2014 machines don't need the code, but this particular 2012 machine does need it...
    i would activate my 2012 vf2 also. can you help me to explain how to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had to call Haas headquarters in California. I believe it was some type of service department, but I got the impression they don't offer service to customers directly (they want you to deal with the HFO, but it was my HFO that instructed I call the headquarters). Anyway the service guy apparently had access to a more extensive activation program since he was able to find the TSC unlock code.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your HFO should've been able to access that code for you unless the factory never updated the option codes on their website that your local HFO can access.