Problem Haas LCD display, #93-0875 back light issue

Thread: Haas LCD display, #93-0875 back light issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas LCD display, #93-0875 back light issue

Hi Gang,

I have a 2006 VF2 that the control screen went black on today. A quick call to my Haas Dealer and they say the most common issue is the back-lighting went out, which makes sense since I can barely see the boxes on the screen. As it turned out, I had a used spare LCD screen that was pulled off my VF9 while under warranty. It works just fine, although the screen is red. Looks like someone poured red Kool-Aide into the control. Anyway, I put that LCD in the VF2 and it is working.

Haas tells me they do not "repair or rebuild" LCD screens, but like many things, they take them in as a core on a purchase of a new screen. I don't want to spend $683 on a new screen, as I really don't need one, but I would like to have the black control screen repaired. Does anyone know of a place that can do such a thing?

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas LCD display, #93-0875 back light issue

Digikey used to sell second source backlight HV units.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC314 View Post
    Hi Gang,

I have a 2006 VF2 that the control screen went black on today. A quick call to my Haas Dealer and they say the most common issue is the back-lighting went out, which makes sense since I can barely see the boxes on the screen. As it turned out, I had a used spare LCD screen that was pulled off my VF9 while under warranty. It works just fine, although the screen is red. Looks like someone poured red Kool-Aide into the control. Anyway, I put that LCD in the VF2 and it is working.

Haas tells me they do not "repair or rebuild" LCD screens, but like many things, they take them in as a core on a purchase of a new screen. I don't want to spend $683 on a new screen, as I really don't need one, but I would like to have the black control screen repaired. Does anyone know of a place that can do such a thing?

Thanks.
    They should be able to sell you the board for the back light, that is what typically goes out. You will need to get the p/n from them however.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

lcd screen has two identical CCFL lamps, one is on the top, and another oo the bottom. You need to locate small pcb, this is inverter for high voltage witch powerCCFL lamps. Inverter sense if one lamp gone away , and it shut down both lamps. You have to insert anothe one , used from old laptop, or simmilar, conectors are fast alweys the same. New lamp is just for cheat inverter, and you just fix it somwhere on the back your lcd. With one working you can live without any problem.