3dprintforums logo

CNCzone Network:  RFQwork :: 3Dprintforums :: Welderzone :: Google+ :: Our Facebook :: Twitter :: SiteMap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haas Renishaw Probe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had a demp of Verisurf in my shop yesterday. It is VERY easy to use this software and a Faro arm to do just what you are asking. I also do a bit of reverse engineering. This software was designed to do just that. It is model based in that for inspection, it compares probe hits, calculates a vector, and gives deviation. It also will generate very dense point clouds because it is a scanning probe.
    The cost of a new arm and the software is about $50k. The software is about $15k
    I'll be placing an order in about a month.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Verissimo View Post
    Renishaw Productivity + does not digitizes, you have to import a model select measur points and from them update work or tool ofsets , and some logic to identify a piece on the machine.
    The main use of Productivity+ is to do in process control - and for this it is an excellent tool (you do not need to have a model).

It does also do digitising in a round about way. You can specify a region and how many points you wish to measure, and then select output points to dprnt the raw point data.

If you wish to know more, please send me a pm.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I inherited a Haas TP-1 small tool room lathe that has been sitting in my shop for over a year. I recently started a project for this machine that add a small drilled hole relative to a blind bore on a square part. This machine does a good job but the hole isnít always in the correct position, so locating on the outside square sometimes produces an out of location hole (scrap). I want to add a probe routine to the Haas to correct the out of location condition. I use a MACRO statement and work coordinate shift to enter the hole location in G54 & G55. I want to hard program this rather than using one of the operator interactive programs.

Can anyone out there help with this simple program? Renishaw and Haas havenít been overly helpful. They have steered me to the manuals, but I donít currently have these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is what I use:

N25 (PROBE)
    T25 M6
    G0 G90 G58 X0 Y0 M5
    G43 H25 Z3.
    G65 P9832 (TURNS PROBE ON)
    G65 P9810 Z-.25 F50. (PROTECTED MOVE INTO BORE)
    G65 P9023 A1. D.75 S58. (PROBE BORE)
    G0 Z3.
    G53 Y0 Z0
    M1

I have a list of most of the VQC macros which I got just by calling up each one and writting them down. I added the tool calls and moves, of course.
    I am assuming you have VQC?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two other products that might help you:

PC-DMIS NC: Can drive your machine to measure easily and set work offsets. http://pcdmis.com/pc-dmis-nc

Romer Arm: www.Romer.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Inspection Plus

If you purchased the probe from HAAS already loaded are the macros for some routines call Renishaw ask for the manual H-2000-6222-00-B or whatever is newer if the have one. They should email a pdf.

Bob Aikins
    Applications
    Haas Factory Outlet Anaheim CA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12