Need Help! 4th axis HRT-210 leaking air where it shouldnt be

Thread: 4th axis HRT-210 leaking air where it shouldnt be

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4th axis HRT-210 leaking air where it shouldnt be

The drive belt on one of our HRT-210 4th axis was torn to tatters so we replaced it. Then noticed the brake wasnt making its normal PUFFFF when the A axis was activated to jog. You could hear the relay activate when the brake is to be released but no air puff. After much monkeying around we now have air blowing out around the side case and out the back plate where the brake is located. Not sure if we blew an o-ring inside or if the case seal is just gone out. Ive never torn one of these down past the motor and air relay. Im thinking the brake maybe hasnt been working for awhile and thats why our belt is chewed up.

Anybody torn into these enough to know where my problem may lie? I cant make any sense of how the brake works by looking at the parts diagram drawings.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis HRT-210 leaking air where it shouldnt be

It looks like you are unique. I have a dozen or so HRT210s and (touch wood) so far none of them have malfunctioned so we have never torn into them. Take pictures if you do get into it and post them please, some day I might find them them useful.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis HRT-210 leaking air where it shouldnt be

Here is the blow-out of an SRT. Very similar type unit. They are not fun to get apart, but you will probably have to do it to find the leak. I have done it several times. There are large o-rings on a couple three of the large plates. They shift inside the main body to brake and unbrake. That is why the air lines go directly into holes in the main body. Just very large flat pistons.

Lots of luck.

Mike

Attached Files Attached Files
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28