New Machine Build Haas programming guys, have questions.

Thread: Haas programming guys, have questions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas programming guys, have questions.

Got the laser on the tm2 working well. Now I have to do a dog and pony show. Can the haas run graphics while running? I have only figured out how to run graphics in a test mode.

Also, can I assign mcodes to a macro, similar to fanucs? I want to turn on several mcodes with a single mcode for generic laser jobs. Right now I need to m51 for laser remote, m52 for shutter open, and m56 for air on. Same thing with argon, and different laser recipes through m codes.

And.. I would like to use g28 to center the x axis instead of x0, or use a g30 if it's available would work to.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Graphics is Graphics, doesn't run when the real machine is running.

Aliasing M codes. Do you have the manual, I seem to recall reading somewhere that you can alias both G and M codes. But I don't know how to do it.

Home position at center of X axis. Haas does (or did) have a Second Home option which has its own button on the console. You can program any position you want as the second home and it goes there when the button is pressed. I have no idea if it can be retrofitted.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No graphics while machine is running.

To alias m-codes, go to parameters and you will see that par 81 - 90 are labeled M Macro Call with a corresponding program number afterwards.

G-codes are 91-100.

Pick one of the parameters/program numbers and assign the Main M-Code you want to use.

Turn off setting 23 to make O9xxxx series programs visible in list programs.

Then create the corresponding program associated with the parameter in memory. Now you can write a program for all the m-codes you want.

I don't think you can alter the G28 but I could be wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, will try after lunch.