VQC Face Milling three pass

Thread: VQC Face Milling three pass

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VQC Face Milling three pass

When entering the information in VQC for Face Milling three pass I do not understand the following. Read the manual and as usual not much help there, this perpetual fact seems to be an absolute that I would be happy to do with out.

Dpthcut? is this the total amount to be cut?

Xdist? is this incremental from 0 work offset or absolute position to mill too?

YDist? same question

Feed rate? For some reason this appears to default to something other then I enter. Maybe just reading it wrong in the code.

FeedZ?

Very thankful for the "Feed Hold"

Thanks Much
    Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VQC Face Milling three pass

Ken,
    I don't have or use qwick code so I'll try and answer best I can.

Dpthcut? is this the total amount to be cut?( I would suspect this is per pass, not total. Try per pass and see. Try small amount first, to be safe)

Xdist? is this incremental from 0 work offset or absolute position to mill too?( it want to know if you want it to mill to this position, absolute or if it is an incremental amount from your work zero)

YDist? same question

Feed rate? For some reason this appears to default to something other then I enter. Maybe just reading it wrong in the code.
    ( I believe you need to push "write" after you enter your feed rate value or it defaults back to the default value)

FeedZ?( this is your feed rate in z to plunge into the material, normally 1/2 your regular feed rate)

I'm sorry I'm not more help, but as I said I don't have this turned on on any of my machines. It was an option that we don't use or have. As always call if Ican help.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Re: VQC Face Milling three pass

Ken,

Sorry I read this wrong in your post.

Xdist? I believe this is an amount from where you start your face cut from, say 2 inchs if you are milling a 2 inch block. I'm at a disadvantage here. Does it ask for a start point? If it does then I believe would be an incremental amount. Blind leading the blind.

YDist? same question

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

That cornfused me too Ward, I was expecting a start and stop X&Y and possibly Z but to answer your question no it did not ask for a start.
    I kinda assumed it assumed work 0 as the start, but it appears not. Now there is a formula for disaster

I did try several dimensions both incremental and absolute from work 0 (back left) but was getting errors on incremental and wrong positioning on absolute.

I will try again tomorrow and see what happens after I rethink what you have offered and what I have found.

Thanks
    Ken