2005 TM1 Tool Changer

Thread: 2005 TM1 Tool Changer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2005 TM1 Tool Changer

Hello,

I've finally came up with the funds for a tool changer for my 2005 HAAS TM1. Originally bought without one.

I've called HAAS and have found out that they no longer sell the tool changer independent of the machine. Something about the new CE mandated enclosures.

Does anyone know of an independant dealer that sells the HAAS TM1 tool changer or equivalent?

Thanks,

Keith Frazier

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kbfrazier View Post
    Hello,

I've finally came up with the funds for a tool changer for my 2005 HAAS TM1. Originally bought without one.

I've called HAAS and have found out that they no longer sell the tool changer independent of the machine. Something about the new CE mandated enclosures.

Does anyone know of an independant dealer that sells the HAAS TM1 tool changer or equivalent?

Thanks,

Keith Frazier
    Same position here! Since I couldnt buy a whole changer Im putting it together by pieces $2500 and Im more than half way. Think I will splurge and get the multi segment holder plate. The only caviat is no warranty.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I too am a member of the "Wish My TM1 Had a Tool Changer Club." If we can't buy the tool changer as a complete unit, maybe buying the pieces is the next best option. Any idea which pieces are needed and what their total cost is from our local Haas Factory Outlet? If the cost of buying the pieces is reasonable it might be something worth doing.

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

When I called the parts department, the whole unit was PN: TCTM-1 $7095.00.

The units are available, but the service department will not install it do to company policy.

Keith.

Downloads
    Uploads

There was a dealer on ebay USA who had two kits left, he sold one for around $6500 and then upped the prce on the last one to $7000 and I believe he sold that one too.

I've been wanting a tool changer for my TM-1 for a long time too. But honestly 7 grand for one is a lot of money.

Used parts seem almost impossible to find.

www.wilkins-knives.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I see used TM1's for sale (no idea of final sale price) with and with out the tool changer only a few grand separating them. A. sell the tool you have now and get one that has the factory changer installed. B. Buy one with the changer, take it off and sell the machine with out it. (Yes shipping, moving it around etc. PITA)

If you end up with changer and need any install photos etc. just post up. I have the same year as you with the changer factory installed.

As for 7 large for a new one.... yes quite a bit of $$ but.... its so nice to have the mill run un-attended, use center drills for every hole, etc. This is especially true for those of us that are the only ones that run the mill. Put your time in $ figures.

Mark

2005 Haas TM-1, 4th HRT160 - OneCNC XR4 Pro w/4th - Alibre Design Expert
    Metal-tech 4x4 - www.metaltech4x4.com