Need Help! 2001 VF3 Won't power up!

Thread: 2001 VF3 Won't power up!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2001 VF3 Won't power up!

Hi All,
    We have been having an intermittent problem with one of our HAAS machines. When I try to turn on the machine in the morning it won't turn on all of the way. It seems to power on the Vector drive and all of the servo drives, but nothing else. No power at the control itself. The work around has always been to turn the main power off to the machine for 20-30mins. and then it would turn on fine. Until today! Now the work around isn't helping! Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? Help!!
    Thanks,
    Seth

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Seth,

The problem is likely to be with the Low Voltage Power Supply. It is the unit in the electrical control cabinet that supplies +12vdc, -12vdc and +5vdc. This power is required to turn on the processor, video board, mocon, and I/O board.

If your work around isn’t working this morning it sounds you will need to call your local dealer.

Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Downloads
    Uploads

We get something similar to the problem mentioned above occasionally. But the Monitor does come on. Although, when it comes on, we get the blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screen. It doesn't go any farther than that. We turn it off and back on, and it boots. Hmmm...

I have seen that on all 3 of our Haas machines. Fortunately for us, it hasn't worsened to the point you are at.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem. When I look in the back of the machine I see the +12vdc, -12vdc and +5vdc lights lit. I am not sure if they are supposed to be lit or not. The +5vdc indicator light is dimmer than the others. Any help?