102,113 Shuttle fault error

Thread: 102,113 Shuttle fault error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 102,113 Shuttle fault error

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to machines as I'm currently taking over a business that heavily relies on them and we've been having an issue the past week with one of our haas vf-3 machines acting up. Originally a tech came out and replaced the z-axis motor and the encoder as we were having an issue with the spindle coming down and then throwing a z axis overload error and the z would not go back up and the error would not clear. After they repaired that we started having a shuttle fault issue....the operator would go and hit one of the switches with a screw driver and it would pick that up and run....then it stop doing that. When we went to the diagnostics page the TC(tool change) meters were both reading zero. Another tech came out and replaced the switches...the night shift called earlier and said they ran 6 loads and then got the 102 and 113 errors. Along with a 321 error. Now....we have been measuring the spindle time by entering debug mode and going to the positions page and raw data. Now they didn't exit debug mode the first time they did this....they ran the program. I'm just wondering if something got inadvertently messed up? I've tried switching relays so it's not that....I haven't check parameters 62-63 to standard.....it basically will not clear and the machines down. They then shut it down for a bit and it ran one load....but then would not change tools...same error. Have any of you had experience with the shuttle issue...they're new switches and they are reading 0 and 1 as they should....meaning the switch's are activating...so is it a motor issue maybe? Thanks in advance for an assistance..I've been losing 18hrs capacity the past week with this machine on top of having the techs come out twice

Chris

PS I'm sure there's not enough info...just let me know what else any one would need.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I read things correctly, both shuttle switches have been replaced and you confirmed that they work in diagnostics, correct?

If true, are they being toggled by the shuttle when going in/out? There is a bracked on the back side of the shuttle casting that swings to make contact with the switches. Sometimes this can become loose causing the bracket to not trigger the switch. It is held in place by a set screw to the motor shaft.

If this does not fix the problem, I would call your dealer back out and make sure they fix it compeltely, because it sounds like you need it back up and running in a timely manner. Maybe request a different tech.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your explanation is not too clear, but are you sure the tech put the switches in correctly?

What year is your machine and what type of tool changer? On most 20 tool carousels the arm itself is what hits and triggers the switch. Look to make sure that the arm has not shifted either.

A more detailed explanation would help us. Also, give us the reading of the alarm so we all don't have to go grab our manuals.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice. The arm is hitting the switches. The machine is I believe a 96-98. The tech came back out today and they replaced the i/o board and ran it through it's paces for a while and then we ran a programs for an hour. It seems to be functioning correctly now. At least I have heard anything from the night shift which is a good thing. Thanks from the heads up Machineit on being a little more descriptive and code....I thought everyone hung out on Saturday nights drinking and memorizing the codes. Thanks again for all the help guys. I'm sure this will not be the last time I'll be on here. Now I have to learn about aging presses and dies.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CWC View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advice. The arm is hitting the switches. The machine is I believe a 96-98. The tech came back out today and they replaced the i/o board and ran it through it's paces for a while and then we ran a programs for an hour. It seems to be functioning correctly now. At least I have heard anything from the night shift which is a good thing. Thanks from the heads up Machineit on being a little more descriptive and code....I thought everyone hung out on Saturday nights drinking and memorizing the codes. Thanks again for all the help guys. I'm sure this will not be the last time I'll be on here. Now I have to learn about aging presses and dies.

Chris
    The problem with hanging out on Saturday nights drinking and memorizing the codes is that the next morning you can't remember them!

Glad you are up and running.

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    The problem with hanging out on Saturday nights drinking and memorizing the codes is that the next morning you can't remember them!
    True that!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi i had a shuttle fault problem with a 6 months old Hass mill found the problem to be, as it went into tool change just as the carousel was retreating back the fingers holding the tool would let go unevenly causeing the tool to move about 10 to 15 degrees, as this happened before the carousel was fulley back it would show a 143 shuttle fault alarm. Hass came out took the fingers out to find there were rasied engraving on one of them this meant they were not releasing together thus causing tool to spin