Used TM's & MiniMills?

Thread: Used TM's & MiniMills?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Used TM's & MiniMills?

Hi Guys

Where are all the used HAAS TM1, TM2 and Minimills? I would like to someday own one of these machines, but could never justify buying a new machine. You don't seem to see very many of these machines up for sale in used condition. The guys that buy them must really like them and hold on to them for ever. Thanks for your help.

Willyb

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just bought a used Mini Mill and had to look for 4 months to find one...
    I have sence found that they sell by word of mouth in very little time. For damn near new prices...
    Jim

No...mine ain't for sale

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mini mill

where you live? i have one in baltimore, like the above post says they are not cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ontario, Canada. I guess this is why a person never see them for sale used. I guess I will keep saving and maybe someday I might be able to buy one.

Willyb

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just lease one....
    The better deal though if you have three phase or a phase converter...is a VF1
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

How much would a good used VF-1 run? Do they usally come with tool changers? What is the spindle rpm's?

I would even settle for a good used TM-1 or 2.

Willyb

Downloads
    Uploads

you can get vf-1's on the used market in various conditions but usually a good one can run between 13k to 20k.

A thought I have been having lately is trying to pick up an early HAAS tuperware(plastic) style mill vf0, vf1 or vf2. These machines had some issues and usually sell for less than 10k. Then retrofiting a PC controler to it. I believe you could reuse the actuall drives as they probably operate like any other drive on the market. Hell they probably copied someones drive anyway. you would just have to get enough info to send commands to them.

I believe this could be done, but its a lot of cash and Havent' had the time or money to try it yet

thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote from Miljnor (A thought I have been having lately is trying to pick up an early HAAS tuperware(plastic) style mill vf0, vf1 or vf2. )

Hi Miljnor

I like your name for the VF models, Tupperware. That's neat. They do look like a Tupperware container with the rounded corners, don't they.
    I also think that you could PC one of those machines fairly easy with out changing the drives. I would bet that a PC, Mach3 and a set of Gecko drives would likely run circles around the original control system? You guys have allot more used machines in the US to pick from. From what I have seen up here in Canada, there’s not as much to choice from. Maybe someday. I am going to keep my eye open.

Willyb