Need VF-2TR 5axis opinions

Thread: Need VF-2TR 5axis opinions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need VF-2TR 5axis opinions

Looking at picking up a couple of these and sticking system 3r pallet changers in front of them.
    Just need the 5 axis for positional at this point but...well you know..if you have it you just have to program for it.
    Like to know what you have seen first hand with the trunnion system, backlash problems, 5 axis problems, whatever.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whe you start stacking pallets then parts you run out of z really fast on the machines and x-y. I dont know how large your parts are or how tall the 3r pallets are, but I know that with the erowa pallets I use with the power chuck and pallet part height becomes a limitation depending on if you are end cutting or side cutting either way. You can download a dimensional drawing from haas and work it out by adding you pallet dimensions onto the table center height. If you really wanted to maximize, I thought about remaking the platter and integrating the chuck into it which would save about 2" but would be probably too much money. I think a vf3-YT withe a trunion is a better fit with the increased z axis height and larger Y would be a big improvement. Or get a vf-2 YT and add the trunion instead of the packaged 16" trunion machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

MKproto,
    Thanks for the reply. The parts are small so room is no problem, but the 24 tool changer is all you can get on the VF2 platform. So I have considered going up in size to get the 40 tool changer anyway.
    Are you using the trunnion now, and if so what are your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not usong it now but have used all the haas 5axis tables with the exception of the tr110. Accuracy with a proper setup you should be able to hold. 002 or better without any shifts face to face simultaneous depending on about the same but will depend on programming etc. I have held .002 true position on 12" square parts on an old hs1 horizontal with a 210 5th axis. Tooksome backlash moves but once set repeated no problem. I ran that machine hard put it away wet and it is still running today at another aerospace company. I run a 4th axis setup on my vm2 and hold less than a thousands with no issues. I even pull the erowa pallets off switch jobs pop it back on when done a start where I left off. Zero issues. Rotary speeds are not fast but it gets it done.