Machined Locked code

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machined Locked code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Machined Locked code

What is this code and how do I clear it???

I was trying to bring my Haimer to the spindle to set up my first part and it looks like I’m locked out for some reason.

Similar Threads:
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

Been on the phone with Haas for 15 minutes and the guy is at a loss, has never heard of this...

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by l u k e View Post
    What is this code and how do I clear it???

I was trying to bring my Haimer to the spindle to set up my first part and it looks like I’m locked out for some reason.
    lol, does this "lock-out" code say to contact your Haas dealer?

I have financed a few machines thru Haas and they put a "lock-out" timer in the control in case you don't make your payments. I'm wondering if this is the code you are talking about.

Downloads
    Uploads

No.

The teck guy even tried to add 200 hours to it and nothing.

He just gave up on me and wants me to check my settings.

I ask him to ask around the office...

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

The exact code reads like this:
    MACHINE LOCKED
    Lower left corner above my T23 I'm trying to bring in from the tool changer.

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

Great, Haas has no clue what the problem is and sent me on my way...

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you absolutely, positively, 100% sure you didn't change a setting or parameter that may have done this?

What exactly were you doing when you got this message? Can you not do a tool change? If you can't, can you jog the machine with whatever tool is in the spindle? Will the machine home using the power up button?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have a newer HAAS that has a control panel lock on the side. It's an actual key to prevent my operator from tweaking the program or any settings. I've never used it so I'm just guessing but if you also have a newer machine, you might check if the "key lock-out" is active if you have one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Are you absolutely, positively, 100% sure you didn't change a setting or parameter that may have done this?

What exactly were you doing when you got this message? Can you not do a tool change? If you can't, can you jog the machine with whatever tool is in the spindle? Will the machine home using the power up button?
    lol, n I'm not 100% certain of anything.

I suppose I could reset all the setting back to the factory set up. But isn't the settings for user preference? I went through the settings and the ones that appeared to have anything to do with tools and changed them and it didn't make a difference.

I can:
    Power Up and Restart
    Hand Jog
    Spindle Warm Up program will start.

When I go to:
    MDI
    Offset
    T#
    ATC Forward
    I get the MACHINED LOCKED warning in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Yesterday I did check my SMTC oil and was in the housing where the oil is filled and installed a filler tube but nothing goofy happened like slipped wrenches, didn’t drop anything down in there to cause any concerns. I’ve worked as a mechanic, I’ve wired houses, cars, motorcycles all around fab guy, so I’m certain NOTHING was amiss when I was in there. I’m just saying that to indicate I wasn’t fumbling around in there to cause any damage, I do crap like that all the time.

I just pulled the cover off the top of the SMTC cabinet and rechecked wires and nothing is going on. No loose wire, no damage, I wonder if there is a reset for the tool changer??

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ToyMaker94566 View Post
    I also have a newer HAAS that has a control panel lock on the side. It's an actual key to prevent my operator from tweaking the program or any settings. I've never used it so I'm just guessing but if you also have a newer machine, you might check if the "key lock-out" is active if you have one.
    Haas had me check that, all I have on the side is a work light switch and a USB port..

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

... Yesterday I did check my SMTC oil and was in the housing where the oil is filled and installed a filler tube but nothing goofy happened like slipped wrenches, didn’t drop anything down in there to cause any concerns....
    According to the haas tech guy, you should never ever have to add oil to the CAM-Box aka SMTC. If you do, then you have a leaking seal and must replace it asap. Also you should know, the oil that goes in the CAM-box is special and is different depending on which model year you have. I have a couple of 12 year old machines out there that have never had oil added to the CAM-Box so I trust my techs advise. That's why there is no "fill hole" but not related to your machine lock condition.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ToyMaker94566 View Post
    According to the haas tech guy, you should never ever have to add oil to the CAM-Box aka SMTC. If you do, then you have a leaking seal and must replace it asap. Also you should know, the oil that goes in the CAM-box is special and is different depending on which model year you have. I have a couple of 12 year old machines out there that have never had oil added to the CAM-Box so I trust my techs advise. That's why there is no "fill hole" but not related to your machine lock condition.
    That’s fine, but it’s a new to me machine so I had to check it to be sure. The oil sill should be checked on a regular basis incase you do develop a leak that goes unnoticed by an operator. With that said any idea why I’m locked out?

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found my keys for my control and tried them all. It simply said "memory lock" or "program lock", no "machine lock"... Sorry, no help here. But if you say there are no physical locks then I'm bettin it has something to do with the "timed lock". Did you shut it down and give her a reboot?

Downloads
    Uploads

Found it!

Setting 6.
    Manual says it is for disabling the spindle CW and CCW buttons. Turns out it locks the tool changer!

I reset to the factory defaults and the code went away. I then switched them back to my settings one at a time doing a tool change in between setting change until I narrowed it down.

Good thing I don’t work in a shop I could really screw with someone!

I called Haas to let them know about the typo in the manual, I asked if it was a golden ticket of some kind hoping it was worth a million bucks or something, turns out it’s not worth anything, oh well moving on.

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Setting 6.
    Told ya. Quit screwing with settings and make some parts already!

Downloads
    Uploads

In all fairness there was not a tool changer setting listed in the manual!

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that's totally fair. But, why did you turn setting 6 off or on or whatever?

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Downloads
    Uploads

Because I thought I was turning off buttons on the control panel that controlled the direction the spindle turns. Last thing I need to do is hit the button by mistake. If I need to spin the spindle in the CCW direction, I go change the setting. But that is not what the setting is for. In all fairness what is the purpose in having a setting that turns the tool changer off?

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

I also turned off the setting that allows me to release a tool from the spinde at the control panel. Last thing I need to do is hit that by mistake and have the tool dropped on the vice/table/part.

2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Downloads
    Uploads

For those of us with older machines and no probing, I think many use edge finders to locate part edges. When the edge is touched the edge finder jumps to the side. Depending on what edge you are hitting to is hard to see sometimes. By hitting CCW it jumps the opposite direction and it is easier to see, so that is why I use that button.

As for the tool release, I don't use it much at all. It was frustrating for me to run a mini mill a while back as it only had the button on the counsel to release the tool. I kept threatening to pull the cover and put one on the spindle housing. I guess on the mini they think that it is small you don't need it, but can't tell you how many times I reached into the machine to take a tool out then realized the button was not there. Habits can be hard to break.

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast