Need Help! Haas indexer question

Thread: Haas indexer question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas indexer question

We have a new haas VF6 machining center and have a haas hrt 450 indexer. My question is does the indexers brake need to be on when i am machining with just the indexer rotating? i am a little confused on what the manual is saying regarding this. Also i am looking for a program example. I am milling the diameter of a disk just positioning the endmill, then rotating the indexer. With the indexer table parralel to the machine table.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The brake will release when you enter an A rotation (assuming it's setup as A) the brake will come back in when it stops.

ergo the brake should be off while rotating even when cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads

For it to rotate the brake has to be off, but that will happen automatically with the G01 A?? command, so you do not need to put in a separate command.

If you are doing simultaneous linear and rotary movement then you need to turn the brake off in the block ahead. With simultaneous motion if you do not turn the brake off the A axis starts slightly later than the linear axis.

An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HRT 450

Is this a true 4th axis? You refer to it as an indexer, which has it's own servo controller and is programmed with M-functions. The true 4th is programmed just as are the x,y&z, e.g. g1 a45. f25. Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That helped. I was sure I knew the answer to my question but was a little confused with the manual discussing the 4th and 5 axis indexer milling.

thanks
    caddisly