Haas HRT 210 Rotary Table Help

Thread: Haas HRT 210 Rotary Table Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas HRT 210 Rotary Table Help

Long story short I need a new motor for our rotary table (HRT 210)

Called Haas and they are almost useless other than selling me the entire assembly. I just need a motor, but I also need help identifying it. Can someone point me in the right direction. I tried searching everything I could from Yaskawa, but I don't think this is a Yaskawa motor. The encoder has some chips that say Yaskawa however. It's got 4 wires, 3 of which are used which tells me it should be a brush motor correct? If someone can point me in the right direction as to where I can find a replacement motor I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I can't find any specs or numbers on the housing that help either.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What colour is your rotary table? red/black/white or silver. Also - how many electrical plugs do you have to plug into your machine? one or two?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's silver and black. The motor itself has 4 wires (3 of which are used) and the encoder has 9 wires. I guess when the motor and encoder are assembled there are 2 plugs that plug into our Mill.

I'm not sure why the Haas rep told me it was brushed based on the 1 connection to the motor, but this unit was made around '07 and I thought everything was brush-less post '02 or so.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by ME87; 05-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

are you sure there are no part numbers or model numbers on it? They would be very helpful.
    The motor is a Brushless motor - rotary tables with two electrical plugs (and an air connection) have brushless motors. If the rotary table only has one electrical plug (and an air connection) then it is a brushed rotary. Also the reason I asked about colour is the rotaries started out being black, then red, then white and now silver. The brushless ones started while the rotaries were white - yours being silver also guarantees that it is brushless.
    Now as for where you can get a motor other than Haas - to be honest i'm not totally sure. When you say that Haas will only sell you the whole assembly- what does the assembly contain? I would have thought that Haas would sell you exactly what is in your photo - that being the motor itself - but assembled, including the encoder and possibly the pulley.
    I think the motor you are looking for is either:

sgm-08u2ha11
    or
    Sgm-03

but it is definately a Yaskawa motor.
    I cannot find the specific motor that you are looking for online- but you could try contacting Yaskawa by e-mail quoting the above part numbers and send them your pictures too.

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Products...AHSigmaII.html

Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It did help and I have a few reps that said they found the motor, but unfortunately it's not much cheaper than the whole assembly with encoder and all so it looks like we'll be ordering the assembly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have heard of this happening before - where buying from Haas is actually cheaper or very similar in price as buying form the part manufacturer. It is due to Haas buying so many of that part at a time - thus getting large discounts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ME87

Ask Yaskawa to give you A motor number to take the place of that one It would be max $1200 from them

once you have the new part/model number, Then look on ebay for that you are sure to find one, There was another post on here looking for the same motor as you here it is

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104362

Mactec54