STAR 4 POSITION TURRET ON TL-1?

Thread: STAR 4 POSITION TURRET ON TL-1?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default STAR 4 POSITION TURRET ON TL-1?

I'm looking to purchase a Haas TL-2 tool room lathe. The one I'm looking at has just the gang plate with an Aloris style post. Can I install a Star 4 position tool turret on this lathe if it wasn't on there from the factory? Would it be wired and ready to accept a powered turret?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: STAR 4 POSITION TURRET ON TL-1?

Since no one has answered. I tried to interface a turret to a TL1. Did it work: Yes. Was it a success, well kinda.. I guess I could have thrown more money and time at the machine and seen it to perfection or I could have left the gang slide on it and maybe pallerised a few tool racks, which in hindsight would have been a better choice. I just bailed and got a ST

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: STAR 4 POSITION TURRET ON TL-1?

Thanks for the reply...I have chosen a different machine as well. It was either spend less for a different brand machine that has the 4 position turret or move up to the SL, I chose a different brand for less.