Need Help! New to me SL-30T

Thread: New to me SL-30T

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to me SL-30T

Hello all, new to the Haas Lathes section of the site. We just got a 2003 SL-30T and I'm familiarizing myself with the machine as I've never used a Haas Lathe. The problem I'm having now (I'm sure there will be more as I switch over from the Cincinnati) Is that I cannot move the tailstock. It tells me that the B axis is disabled no matter how I try to move it(code, jog foot pedal). I've found a couple of parameter lists online but they don't seem to match what I'm pulling up on the control. How do I enable the B axis? Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me SL-30T

I keep seeing parameter 151 when searching online, but I don't see anything about the tail stock there.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also don't see that in the settings tab. any chance someone could take pics of their settings that pertain to the tailstock and post them? need to get this machine going. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so i finally found the right parameter and got the tailstock moving. problem now is when i when to zero it, it came all the way forward to about 8" from the chuck and stays there and says running and won't zero or home. where do i go now?

Downloads
    Uploads

Bad tailstock encoder. took it off yesterday and there was a small gumball sized wad of chips and grease inside where it rides the comb. there were bent teeth on the comb as well and one side of the sensor was broken as a result. Have a new one on the way, hopefully that does it. I see now why they disabled the tailstock.