Dead Battery (again...) on a Dec 2009 HAAS SL 10 BB

Thread: Dead Battery (again...) on a Dec 2009 HAAS SL 10 BB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Dead Battery (again...) on a Dec 2009 HAAS SL 10 BB

Hi,

I have a Dec 2009 HAAS SL 10BB on which made the mistake of not turning it on in the last 3 months and today when I finally had a job to do on it I got the dreaded low battery warning followed by the usual error where the MOCOM boot up screen does not display the Serial number and then all hell breaks loose...

What I do have in terms of info is
    Ver.: L09.07A
    Model.:
    Dec 24 2009
    MOCON 12.07

I've had this a while ago on a HAAS mini Mill 2 and had to call in the HFO which ended costing me a fortune in travel (I'm in northern France, the closest HFO guy is 5 hours away... so it's about 1500 euros in travel... sigh...) and when he did come (I had already changed the battery myself) he used the USB backup pushed a few buttons and the things was running in less than 15 minutes... so I wonder just how complicated restoring the machine parameters from the USB backup is...

I can easily solder a new battery to the board (again been there before sigh...) and I have the USB key (and a backup just i case), I found this on the web

https://diy.haascnc.com/procedures/c...gher#gsc.tab=0

Is this the procedure I need to follow to get this beast back up and running (I'm assuming the LATHE 9.xx is a reference to my Ver L09.07A) ?
    Or do I need to call the HFO again and spend 1500 euros just so some dude (very friendly mind you but still) can drive 10 hours and work 15 minutes ?

Regards to all