Need Help! TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format

Thread: TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format

Hi everyone

New here, and new to the TL-1 lathe. Have many years with manual machines, but recently got into the CNC world.

I'm struggling to understand why my recently purchased 2008 TL-1 has what looks like a 'basic' tool offset page (see pic) compared to the more comprehensive one in the manual?

Also why is the 'Stock' tab missing?

Searched the manual to no avail!

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format-img_4280-jpg   TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format-haas-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TL-1 Tool Offset Page Format

possibly you have the wrong manual for that interface . If I were you I'd get out of that page and qualify the tools directly in the offset page , much easily . I've run the hass for for quite a while and never used the pages that your into . imo the stock tab isn't necessary anyhow , never used that either , maybe it'll have something to do with the simulation , but the simulation works fine regardless

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

.It appears that your machine was purchased with a very basic IPS syetem. the one in the manual is an option for conversational programming. If you want the extra functionality you can purchase any options from Haas and they will turn on the parameter for selected features. I ran one of those machines for about 5 years and only used the conversational programming a couple of times. I prefer to write
    G-code programs for it. They are a very easy to use machine, not the most rigid machine, but a good machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated. Should have said, using the IPS system, figured this was a good place to start. Will try inputting the data straight into the main offsets page.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

With our TL-1, I have never used the tool offset page of the Setup screen. Since it is a manual tool change, I just use the Tool Geometry section at the top of the page when in Hand Jog mode. The information entered there is automagically stored on the Tool setup page anyway.