Pitch 80mm
    No of starts: 45

Left and Right hand thread

Depth: 1mmNeed help for make threading cnc programe-multi-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help for make threading cnc programe

Actually you dont need to write a CAM program for that, just buy a knurling tool for lathe then voila it can finish the work in seconds, not several minutes...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help for make threading cnc programe-jfbl-1-8mm-pitch-dual-wheel-slant   Need help for make threading cnc programe-55-370-732-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

if it is possible to depth 1mm by nurling tool...

Downloads
    Uploads

It's technically possible to cut a knurl with single-point passes, but there are many limitations to it. Like he said above, it's VERY slow since the cutting tool will run into feedrate limits. You also need to have clearance on either side of the knurled area (like 5mm, depending on the RPM)
    In the past I tried to make a knurl using a thread tool (we did not have enough room in the turret for any other tools) but the program needed to be tweaked over and over. I was never successful with it (you could see the knurl marks change shape because of the machine accelerating and decelerating)

So I would agree, a knurl tool is easier by far! You'll need to purchase the correct knurling wheel to create a "coarse" pattern.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can give him a programmed g-code for the one he actually wants but yes it's painfully slow, im guessing 15 minutes per work, unlike a knurling tool 10 seconds good to go hehe

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    I can give him a programmed g-code for the one he actually wants but yes it's painfully slow, im guessing 15 minutes per work, unlike a knurling tool 10 seconds good to go hehe

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk
    Please brother give me programe, just i like to test that programe.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    It's technically possible to cut a knurl with single-point passes, but there are many limitations to it. Like he said above, it's VERY slow since the cutting tool will run into feedrate limits. You also need to have clearance on either side of the knurled area (like 5mm, depending on the RPM)
    In the past I tried to make a knurl using a thread tool (we did not have enough room in the turret for any other tools) but the program needed to be tweaked over and over. I was never successful with it (you could see the knurl marks change shape because of the machine accelerating and decelerating)

So I would agree, a knurl tool is easier by far! You'll need to purchase the correct knurling wheel to create a "coarse" pattern.
    thanks for your information. above mention details, how can i choose knurling tool? give me some details.