Need Help! 2000 SL30 I/O board problems

Thread: 2000 SL30 I/O board problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2000 SL30 I/O board problems

I have a 2000 SL30 with quite a few problems, the 115V for triggering solenoids and relays is not passing through the I/O board like it is supposed to.

I have measured 3 phase 115V at P56 at the I/O board, but I'm not getting 115V out when I should be. The most apparent problems are the hydraulic pump and the servo brake circuit, but the air solenoid for the turret is not working either.

I have ordered a second I/O board off ebay, the guy who sold it said it worked but after the fact said this "new" I/O board is actually used, he just sold us his old probably broken one and swapped a new replacement onto his lathe. He mentions something about fuse F13 being the problem, there is no F13 in this SL30. I have power everywhere I should at the power distribution board.

Not really sure what I expect for help, Haas can't even get schematics for the I/O board and of course the processor board is EOL and serious $$$.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before, and if so how did you get it fixed!

Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacg5 View Post
    I have a 2000 SL30 with quite a few problems, the 115V for triggering solenoids and relays is not passing through the I/O board like it is supposed to.

I have measured 3 phase 115V at P56 at the I/O board, but I'm not getting 115V out when I should be. The most apparent problems are the hydraulic pump and the servo brake circuit, but the air solenoid for the turret is not working either.

I have ordered a second I/O board off ebay, the guy who sold it said it worked but after the fact said this "new" I/O board is actually used, he just sold us his old probably broken one and swapped a new replacement onto his lathe. He mentions something about fuse F13 being the problem, there is no F13 in this SL30. I have power everywhere I should at the power distribution board.

Not really sure what I expect for help, Haas can't even get schematics for the I/O board and of course the processor board is EOL and serious $$$.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before, and if so how did you get it fixed!

Thank you!
    Call me at 419-496-9591

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2000 SL30 I/O board problems

The problem ended up being a bad cable between the power distribution board and the I/O board at connector p56, probing for 115V through the back of the connector showed good and that's the only way I thought to check it at first. The pin had deformed and had pulled out of the connector a bit. $12 and a bit of downtime later and it's working decent again.

Thanks though!