Problem How normal is the noise made by decelerating from 2400 to 0rpm in a SL40?

Thread: How normal is the noise made by decelerating from 2400 to 0rpm in a SL40?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How normal is the noise made by decelerating from 2400 to 0rpm in a SL40?

I normally only work with small lathes (max 250mm diameter/10").
    Currently I am making my first steps with a SL40 and I am testing several things, including the spindle. This lathe have a massive chuck (18") and a gearbox. When rotating the spindle at max speed (2400rpm) and asking for a lower speed (for example 1000) the braking noise is very high, I would say a mixture of mechanical (probably from the gear box ?) and electrical.
    I understand that the mass that is rotating is very high due to the chuck size, but at the same time the audible noise even frightens me, and I would like to get an opinion on a Haas user with a similar machine.
    Does yours make too much noise when stepping down speed?

Would it be possible to increase the deceleration time so that it would be more gentle?

Thank you.