Need Help! SL20 Chip Auger Cycling with NO LOAD

Thread: SL20 Chip Auger Cycling with NO LOAD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SL20 Chip Auger Cycling with NO LOAD

03/00 Production
    MOCON 10.2

A few days ago I noticed my chip auger was cycling forward and back like the overcurrent protection circuit was kicking in.

I cleared the chip pan (there were no large chips or parts binding it up), and turned on the auger again. It ran forward for 3 seconds, stopped, and reversed.

I disconnected the auger so that the only thing the motor had to turn was the gearbox, same cycling issue,

I disconnected the motor from the I/O board, and hit Chip FWD, the LED lit up and it ran in the forward direction without cycling.

I pulled the motor and contacted the manufacturer, they sent me a spec sheet and the motor checked out fine, except that the capacitor was out of spec.

I replaced the cap, and tried running the motor again, and again it cycles back and forth with no load.

I found some info sheets on replacing the I/O board, and noticed there's a potentiometer adjustment for the overcurrent protection. I was wondering if it might be set on the low side, and if I could tweak it a little. I couldn't' find the specs for my specific board, and several board sheets have a very wide range of settings (from 500ohms to 4,500 ohms).

I checked the resistance on my board between TP6 and TP7 at R119 and R122, and it measured 3.7K ohms.

The tag on my I/O Board reads:

SM01003002
    3080S REV D

Does anyone have a spec sheet for this board? I'd like to have something on paper before I start turning potentiometers.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas which may cause this issue, please reply.

Thanks,

-John