TL

Thread: TL

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TL

Ok just want to make sure I'm thinking right. When we set up a tool in the offset page we always put the tool rad in the offset page.
    My thing is when we program at the machine with MDI it will ask us what size tool rad we have.And I noticed that with an MDI programs we do not have a G41 or G42. So my thinking is that the lathe will
    not use the rad from the offset page,(it will be ignored and only use the rad we told it the tool was in MDI is this right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TL

The tool radius input (along with tip code) is only used when moving in curves or diagonal lines. Whether you need it depends on how your programs are being written, since most CAM systems have the ability to compensate for tool radii. If your code is being generated by CAM, the presence of G41 or G42 would necessitate using the Haas control's inputs for tool radius and tip code, but if your code doesn't have G41/42 then you don't need it.