TL 2 Low battery voltage

Thread: TL 2 Low battery voltage

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TL 2 Low battery voltage

Hi,

When i powered up our TL2 on friday i got a low battery voltage message in the bottom left corner before it froze on the white screen with the Haas logo. I have spoken to Haas who have quoted for a "service kit for battery board". Has anyone had any experience in this repair? I have done a bit of research and it seems i may lose all settings/progammes etc. Just wondered if its any easy repair or best left to Haas to fix it?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TL 2 Low battery voltage

Hi, this happened to my haas, had them come out and replace the battery. The original board has the battery soldered onto them which they replace with a battery carrier so in future you can change the battery, however when they replaced the battery the first time they damaged the motherboard, but replaced it free of charge. So if you want to take the chance and do it yourself you can, but I would just say pay the money they charge just incase it goes wrong! But yes if left too long with the warning light on you machine will lose all its parameters and unless you have them saved it will cost you a fortune!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

how did they damage the motherboard?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

its back up and running! I have to say the Haas guy was really good and talked me through the settings/params over the phone

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They didn't know, said it could of been shorted when soldering on the new battery carrier

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

didnt have to solder our one, they now supply it with a sticky pad TL 2 Low battery voltage-img_0194-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Be careful with the Velcro ones as well. There was an issue with those when they first came out.