ST-30 removing conveyor question

Thread: ST-30 removing conveyor question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ST-30 removing conveyor question

Is there anything special I need to do to be able to pull out the conveyor on this ST-30? It looks like there might be some sheet metal that would interfere pulling it out but I can't tell. I have no support feet on this one and I think crap has built up underneath and won't let it drain properly so all my coolant fills the conveyor and doesn't drain fast enough to keep the coolant flowing to the work pc towards the end of the day. I don't want to add coolant indiscriminately because, my luck with other machines, I'll over fill it and come into a huge mess the next morning. I, also, have a couple leaks I need to address.

JohnF
    Phoenix

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ST-30 removing conveyor question

I've had this problem and searched through all the service and operator manuals and found nothing.

The easiest thing for me to do was get a 3 foot long rod, bend a hook on the end, and fish it through the bottom where the coolant dumps into the screen tray. Try and get underneath the conveyor.

For what its worth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ST-30 removing conveyor question

OK, solved part of the problem. We bought this machine used and it is missing a part here and there. In this instance it was the "foot" or support for the conveyor. The conveyor wasn't supported and was resting on the catch sheet metal under the thing. Crud had built up underneath and since the reseller we bought it from had never cleaned that area out before we bought it it was blocked. When I built a support and installed it I got a flood of coolant overflowing the 'catch' sheetmetal so I had to rig up some overflow dams to stop my new "leak". I get good flow now and no more problems running low on coolant towards the end of a run.

JohnF
    Phoenix