Need Help! GOTO doesn't work on my ST-30Y?

Thread: GOTO doesn't work on my ST-30Y?

Default GOTO doesn't work on my ST-30Y?

Gives a "BAD CODE" error. Works on my Haas mills, but not on the lathe. Anyone know why?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GOTO doesn't work on my ST-30Y?

is the code written as goto100 if it is written as goto n100 then this fails
    could you post the code and alarm # ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this part of the macro option?

Sent from my A3-A20FHD using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

i think that the lathe may not be able to use the goto statement due to not having macro enabled

haas lists the goto statement under macro optional in the Interactive Lathe Operator's Manual
    a simple way to find out if the option is activated is under mdi
    write #500=0 push cycle start and see if it alarms out or accepts the macro statement

I just type "GOTO10" and I get "BAD CODE". No alarm number, just the message. I've tried every variation of "GOTO" with following numbers that I can think of but nothing works. With or without "N". Oh, god...is it part of the $2,595 "User-Definable Macros" option? I don't recall buying those on my other Haas machines. Did they use to not cost extra money? Guess my "WHILE" loops won't work either....

#500=0 gives the "BAD CODE" message. Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    i think that the lathe may not be able to use the goto statement due to not having macro enabled

haas lists the goto statement under macro optional in the Interactive Lathe Operator's Manual
    a simple way to find out if the option is activated is under mdi
    write #500=0 push cycle start and see if it alarms out or accepts the macro statement

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talk to your salesman if you're looking at buying more machines he might be nice enough to throw a option code, but if you go to parameter 57 you can look and see you have a "T" next to it. They sometimes give you trial versions to enable it without a magic code for a certain period of time. Although I highly recommend shutting it back off immediately because every second the control is on it counts those trial hours down if you have it enabled. So what I'm getting at is if you do turn it on and then walk away for hours you're losing out on that time. Just a FYI