Need Help! 2013 Tl-1 Auto Turret with gang on Position 4

Thread: 2013 Tl-1 Auto Turret with gang on Position 4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2013 Tl-1 Auto Turret with gang on Position 4

It's been a while since I had programmed a lathe, like not since school. Now I've acquired a 2013 Tl-1 with the 4 position turret and it came with a 3 position gang tool post that I have set up in position 4 of the turret.

I've done a search on the same topic but not sure if something has changed on the HAAS controller, I've been use to using a 2007 controller on a Mill.

So on the machine setting 33 is set to FANUC

I go ahead and indicate in the first position on the gang tool and assign it to Tool offset #5, 2nd position to offset #6, 3rd position to offset #7

So now I am back in Hand Jog and go "T406 and press Turret FWD" it displays TNN Required, thinking it's a syntax thing I try again "T0406 press Turret FWD" same message "TNN Required"

So I went ahead and tried to enter in the gang tool offsets in offset 14,24,34. Again I tried T414 Pressed Turret FWD same message "TNN Required"

So in Hand jog I am able to go T1 and press Turret FWD and it indexes, same for T2 T3 &T4

Is there something I am missing, when I call up the tool and offset should it not index to the position set on the offsets page?

Maybe I am too use to programming and setting up HAAS mills.

Any one that can help shed light on this would be great, thank you