Haas tl-1

Thread: Haas tl-1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas tl-1

2007 TL-1 threading a part with G76 and I hit single block and it stopped at the back of the thread?(no relief) wrecked the part, all the other lathes I ran would stop in front of the thread after it finished the pass it was doing?is there a setting for this? also I seen someone had a two line G71 like fanuc format in the control, will this run? and will it change the setting for the the cycle(chamf amount, last pass amount ect.) Im thinking it was a post from cad cam, not sure why its in the machine. thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas tl-1

I write all my G71 routines on 2 lines just like fanuc. We have 3 haas lathes and it is not a problem. Not sure why the thread stopped at the end rather than competing the cycle. Why would you hit the single block while it is in the thread anyway? Why not hit it on the way back just to be on the safe side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I found out the 2 line G71 works but it dont change the settings/parameters like a fanuc, I gotta say I like that parameter line with the Fanuc, I also see you cant tell the Haas how many clean up passes you want? as far as the single block thing I never had a problem hitting the button on the way in or out on a fanuc so I didnt know, sometime I like to clean the chips off the tool/part. I do think the tl-1 is better off in someones garage.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea the clean up passes has annoyed me over the years. You can get around it by just adding s second G76 line under your original one that has a much bigger D value. This will then run your first G76 like normal and then run the same thread again but with less passes so you get a spring pass like that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good idea ive done that in the past to de burr on a fanuc, ill have to try it on the one liner haas, could use a G92 and repeat the minor a few times. thanks for the info djm77.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never used G92 but have heard a lot of people mention. Many ways to skin a cat. Good luck.