Problem Haas TL3-B bed flex ....

Thread: Haas TL3-B bed flex ....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Haas TL3-B bed flex ....

Our company installed a new TL3-B a couple of months ago . It took over 6 weeks to get the major coolant leaks stopped . The tailstock never seems to repeat and it was cutting about 2 thou tapered for the first 10 inches on a 52" long cut . Today we installed a dial indicator between the rails at the tailstock end As you tighten the tailstock the casting flexes in about .005 .... I can put an indicator on the cross slide hanging out about 8 inches and watch the rail dip inward over a thou when I approach the tailstock ... If you have access to a TL3-b see if you have this problem, only takes a few minutes to verify ..
    .Haas TL3-B bed flex ....-11l017pld6m-jpg
    This is not our lathe but you can see how the casting ( wings ) are in relationship to the main frame . Just gauge between the rails ...

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Haas TL3-B bed flex ....

We we checked another tl3-b locally and found that the flexing was also going on there ... Haas tech was here and is baffled .. He is contacting haas as we speak .....Nobody else ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

150+ views and I am still chatting with myself .... Surely someone else is checking this out ??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have one but I am curious to what came out of this. I am looking for a cnc lathe but would shy away from this one if that is a problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have installed a couple of spreader bars between the rails to minimize flex and program around the remaining taper .... I have beed running Haas machines for over 15 years, and the tooltoom lathes for over 5 ... The toolroom lathes just don't impress me .. I have to deal with vibration issues and a tailstock that does not repeat daily .....