Need Help! HAAS ST20 turret alignment procedure or service manual

Thread: HAAS ST20 turret alignment procedure or service manual

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HAAS ST20 turret alignment procedure or service manual

I have a ST-20 Lathe. 2.75" AT 7 long tool steel stock came out of chuck while turning the od. The machine now is leaving a .080 nub when facing. So I need to rotate the turret slightly to realign it. Ive done this before by breaking loose the bolts and banging it back into place. But its my understanding these lathes have a different procedure in doing this. Ive searched all over and can't find the service manual for this machine. Can anyone give me the procedure to align the turret and/or send me the service manual? Thank you in advance!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I believe the coupler teeth are machined into the ST lathe turrets and housings. So unless you are getting an alarm indicating that the turret is not correctly clamped, you might want to check if the entire turret assembly shifted on the wedge. I hear this is actually fairly easy to get back aligned. BTW, if you actually do need to realign the turret, I believe it's just a parameter change.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Haas Factory Support

You should have a copy of the service manual in the back of your operator's manual.

Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS ST20 turret alignment procedure or service manual

Tpractice is correct, the couplings are machined into the castings making them not adjustable.the only way to mechanically bring the tool holder back to center line is by moving the wedge or the spindle head stock squarely to each other. Then once you're close you adjust parameter 254 to bring in your F2 x axis center line offset. Which you will need to be in debug mode to see the x-axis encoder counts under raw position screen. The x value you will need to use is the x-axis command value. Trust me I've done 100+ lathe alignments on the HL,SL, and the ST,STY,DSY lathes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS ST20 turret alignment procedure or service manual

My turret coolant adapter hit the tail stock on the way back. The bolt on face is no longer parallel to the Z travel. Do I square the turret to wedge or align the wedge to Z way first. Or do indicate tool holder face to X way first? 2ax machine. The spindle is square