Problem over temperature issue

Thread: over temperature issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default over temperature issue

I have just bought a SL30 (2004) from auction. I powered it up today and there is an error that refers to the spindle temperature being high for over 1.5 seconds. I think the error is #245. Has anyone come across this or have an idea how to clear the error. I cant reference it.

thanks,

Rich.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

actually, this is the error

"254 SPINDLE MOTOR OVERHEAT - Motor driving spindle is too hot. This alarm is only generated in
    machines equipped with a Haas vector drive. The spindle motor temperature sensor sensed a high
    temperature for greater than 1.5 seconds."

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by richpsr View Post
    I have just bought a SL30 (2004) from auction. I powered it up today and there is an error that refers to the spindle temperature being high for over 1.5 seconds. I think the error is #245. Has anyone come across this or have an idea how to clear the error. I cant reference it.

thanks,

Rich.
    Work with your dealer to check the machine parameters because its possible the parametes have become corrupted or it might need to be initialized. If you have the original machine manual, it should have a print out of them there also that you can compare them to.

They shoud be able to walk you throgh the process over the phone.

Good luck!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Haastec,

I have been in touch with Haas, and they have been helpful so far, but I actually found the issue myself. There is a sensor stwich plug under the spindle that had become unplugged during moving so i plugged it back in and Voilla!

Rich.

Downloads
    Uploads

How nice to hear about a quick find and fix. Congrats!

Mike

Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28