AR Fire Control Pocket Milling - Need Help Please

Thread: AR Fire Control Pocket Milling - Need Help Please

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AR Fire Control Pocket Milling - Need Help Please

I recently purchased me my second Taig mill this time it will be a CNC machine. My first project will be trying to mill out the fire control pocket on a couple of AR lower receivers. I am needing some help as I've had someone make for me in a CAD drawing (I "think" I said that right) the shape of the fire control pocket. However when I put it into CamBam it looks as if the drawing is in an angled / slanted position rather than being flat. I'd like to know if once I generate Gcode if the mill will try to machine the shape in an angled / slated position rather than how it should originally be (flat). Here below is a screen-shot I took with the drawing opened in CamBam.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: AR Fire Control Pocket Milling - Need Help Please

To me it looks like your x,y are not correct. I have not used cam bam so I can't be positive. I usually set top corner of project to 0,0

Can you post file and I'll see what it looks like in a different program

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I post file ? I can email it in an attachment, the file is in a DXF extention. I have it in other file ext's. but CamBam will only open the DXF version of the file.

Drop box works good for things like that and then you can just post link to file

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't how to use a drop down box unless you are referring to me uploading the file to a file host and then pasting the link don't know where to upload. I could email it to you if you'd prefer.

You could email it to me and i could post it...

Nice job on the modeling! I have a friend that was looking for the pocket model as well, looks like he did a good job on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    You could email it to me and i could post it...

Nice job on the modeling! I have a friend that was looking for the pocket model as well, looks like he did a good job on it.
    AR hole cutout shape.dwg

Cool, will email it off to my buddy that was looking for it, saves me the work of drawing it up.

Thanks!