Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing

Thread: Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing

Hi i was wondering it seems that bitmap smoothing and relief smoothing are the same thing . is this correct or am i doing something wrong ? im trying to draw signs very simple and im doing flat reliefs
    they are very jagged on the edges and if i do a relief smooth it will kinda curve it so its not totally flat any more i have used png and bmp at 100 resolution i was kinda thinking that bitmap smooth would would smooth the lines before i start doing the reliefs kinda like corel smooth. i guess was wrong im just afraid to do these signs because it looks like i will have a whole mess of sanding when im done any guidance would be appreciated

john

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing-cnczoneartpro-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing

The smoothing will smooth out the surface but outer contours may have some jaggedness if the source image had it or if the resolution is too low. When you calculate a toolpath, the contours are offset outward and this tends to smooth out the finished part a lot.

If you're at 100DPI then it's unlikely that your cutter will be it possible for a little .01" jag to show up in the finished part.

-Rob

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Default Re: Meshcam pro art 6 smoothing

My advice for image dpi:

Grab the largest image of the source subject you can. I usually draw my images to 1920 x 1280 and save them at 300dpi minimum. I can then import them into Meshcam Pro Art at 250mm x250mm with a Z of 10.5mm and pixels per inch at 12....

Smoothness set to 30 max of at all, and it's lazer smooth walls of the cuts.

The minimum dpi should never be below 300 for good quality output.

If I knew everything, I wouldn't be here asking, but what I do know is that I'm here to help and learn to listen.