I am trying to use the EXT_RELAY to enable/disable my spindle, using the 24V (@ 30ma) signal that is provided by my Hitachi X200. I had this working great with my old BOB, but no luck so far with the VSDEPI. I thought I had tested the relay before before, but it's no longer working.
- I'm quite certain my Mach settings are correct. Pin 17 is associated with output 1, which is associated with the spindle on/off.
- I have verified that pin 17 goes to 4.3V when I enable the spindle using the Mach control panel.
- The problem is that the relay does not appear to close to switch the Hitachi into the "on" state.
- There is no audible "click" or change in continuity when I do this (relay state is open).
- (Oddly enough the Hitachi complains about an E13, which is "power applied while run signal is present.")
I'm using the standard RELAY on pin 16 with no problems to switch my small vacuum pump on/off, so I'm familiar with how these things operate. Perhaps I'll try and use that for spindle control for the time being.
The documentation says that EXT_RELAY: "External relay output." 5 Volt relay coils of external relay can be connected to this connector."
Is 24V incorrect for this relay? It appears to be marked 10A/240VAC & 10A/30VDC on the EXT_RELAY side as well as 10A/250VAC/30VDC on the RELAY side. I'm having no luck finding a datasheet for this component, so any help would be greatly appreciated.