SimpleMotion control library - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SimpleMotion control library

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Init communication simpleMotion

Hi

I have some problems with the startup, I now you do a sequence using GD tool, is it some init sequence I need to implement?
    Today i can fix it with start GD tool close and then start my labview.vi

I add some class picture's

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for feedback and picture!

I didn't quite understand the problem. Did you mean the "step response test" motion sequence in GDtool? How it relates to your application? Or did you mean homing sequence?

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem is when I start the labVIEW.vi sometimes the motor is not moving, I just see the blue LED blinking, to fix this I just close labVIEW start GD tool and close this and start labVIEW, then it is running. It sounds some windows problem with communication init through USB... I now when you start GD tool I have to first shutdown VSD-XE then start GD tool, then power on VSD and so on, my question is why? Probably I need to do the same with labVIEW... but my .vi start the .dll direct and open USB...

I hope you understand my short description

Best regards Conny

Downloads
    Uploads

It is caused probably by unsuitable settings stored in drive. Check that you have chosen "Force SPI" input mode and there is no input assignment for disable in User I/O page. If problem remains, please send me the .gdf file saved from GDtool.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Yes, you are correct. I had the pulse/dir enabled. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default questions

Tero-

Can you post a in depth how too for this software? I am still getting random following errors and faults that I need to get resolved. If I could monitor all the axis at the same time, I think that might help.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve,

Sounds like you would be curing the symptoms but not the cause. Follow error should occur only if encoder vs commanded position differs more than you have specified in GDtool.

Could you email me GDtool .drc files from all axis for checking?

Downloads
    Uploads

Tero-

I am covered up with work right now, but in a day or so I will send you the files.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

At this stage Tero if we cant get any support from you it leavs us no option but to pack up the 6 drives we purchased and ask for our money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NZCNC View Post
    At this stage Tero if we cant get any support from you it leavs us no option but to pack up the 6 drives we purchased and ask for our money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tim, protesting in random threads won't help you.

I replied your latest email and included your distributor as CC so he would stay in the loop. Distributor is the primary support channel anyways.

I regret not being able to answer instantly my emails (still catching up). To improve the situation, we have set-up a support system where all requests don't pile to single person: Granite Devices Support

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I'm planning on using the VSD-E Servo Drive in a new product, but I don't have any experience with servo drives/controllers. The application requires that I interface with the VSD-E with an embedded microcontroller, since there is no way to have a computer/laptop always present. The microcontroller will be on a handheld device that can tell the servo to move along the axis manually, but I will also need to create programmable motion profiles (that a user can program through the handheld device).

Is the SimpleMotion interface the right place for me to be looking? Can you please guide me on the basics of how to talk to the VSD-E, like: protocol... RS232, SPI, motion commands.

I seems like I basically need to act like the computer and send data through the RS232 port (UART), is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

ftec

Default DualDC & SimpleMotion

I was planning to power a machine with small lowcost DC servos and VSD-Es in DualDC mode. The idea was to build the control and UI on top of the SimpleMotion library. To my disappointment I noticed that the library doesn't support DualDC at present. Is there any change to get this support for DualDC? This would be so important for building low cost PTP systems with VSD-E drives.

Thanks,
    RA

Last edited by ftec; 12-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SimpleMotion control library

This library, paired with the Gcode interpreter library found in LinuxCNC and KmotionCNC would prob. make a good foundation for a new controller software i imagine, based around the Argons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12