Newbie Need help connecting usb to VSD-e drive

Thread: Need help connecting usb to VSD-e drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help connecting usb to VSD-e drive

I have done this procedure in the past, but I am old and forgot. I am using the special usb cable with the six wires that plugs into the drive. When reading the GDtool manual, load GDtool and to connect, turnoff signal power and then turn on. Is the signal power in the 16 wire connector? I will be checking parameters without HV connected. Like I say, I forgot, please help, Robert Brown.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help connecting usb to VSD-e drive

Robert,

IN3 is Pin 10 of the CMD connector.

Have a most awesome holiday!

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by machining fool View Post
    I have done this procedure in the past, but I am old and forgot. I am using the special usb cable with the six wires that plugs into the drive. When reading the GDtool manual, load GDtool and to connect, turnoff signal power and then turn on. Is the signal power in the 16 wire connector? I will be checking parameters without HV connected. Like I say, I forgot, please help, Robert Brown.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much, I figured out. As soon as connected the 16pin connector, I got connectivity. I also found that the max. voltage setting was 105000mv. should have been 170000mv. and this change might solve my problem with an over voltage red and blue light flashing occurance, thank you Bob.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, all es well. Evidently I had a bad drive. Put another in and put parameters in, and everything seems to be OK. Thanks, Bob.